Saturday 21 December 2019

Looking through the Church Window.

You may remember this, bought at a car boot sale for 50p. I was going to use it for the Lollipop Trees picture, but changed my mind. The bottom shelf thingy is wrapped in dark blue wool. It got put to one side until I could decide what to do with it. The shape of it reminds me of a church window. 

The front is now finished, a piece of scrap fabric found at the Scrapstore. It has wadding behind it and is stretched tight and laced onto a cardboard cut out. 
The outer edge of the window is wrapped with black wool, so I could stitch the picture onto it.

I have enhanced the flowers and leaves with felt tip pens, to make the colours stand out more. And stitched on some foliage to make it less flat.

On the top of the shelf, and the back, I have put thick black fabric and stretched it tight to fit snug.

Those blue flowers were white.


I embroidered around most of the flowers and leaves to add definition.


Flowery buttons at the top.

Tidy back, all covered, with a wire attached to hang it.



It's how I imagined it when I first thought of the idea of looking through the window. Pleased with this one, but it needs some disguising of the stitches holding the ivy on. Maybe some green wool to look like moss. 


Toodle pip.   ilona



11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Ilona-I always like those mirrors,similar shapes in garden centres-they are very expensive and I would never have thought of making one like yours-lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece is up there as one of your best in my opinion!.It is lovely,very pretty and I would be proud to have that on show in my living room.For some reason,it reminds me of the well dressings in Tissington.Thats what I thought of when I first saw it.It is Beautiful!!,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is beautiful. I would love that in my house. You are very creative, Ilona. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this Ilona especially with the shape it's different.
    I noticed your signature on the back. I was surprised you had not dated your work. I had a look at some of my things and the dates were back from 1987 a lot of good memories of the work I have done.
    It is a loveky day here so I hope you can have a nice walk were you live I am certsining going to go a little walk.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadnt thought of that Hazel but for what its worth I think thats a great idea!.I dont know what you think Ilona,but I do know that if I buy anything and its got a year on it, Im always more inclined to buy it.I even think it could put even more value on your work when you show it,for your charities.I love vintage and love all things with a year to it,be it books,paintings,crafts ect...Off thread again!,but Ive not long got back from a coach trip day out to Birmingham Christmas market.It was beautiful and one of the most lovely markets I have ever seen!,xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your post Debi I was a craft judge for WI and it was one of the things we were told when we were judging.

      Delete
  5. You are so talented and I am very inspired by your art.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.