Wednesday 18 December 2019

New textile exhibition at 20 21 Arts.

I was in town this afternoon and called in the 20 21 Arts Centre. They have a new textile exhibition on. Several artists are showing their work, and Sue Stone is one of them. You may remember I wrote about her before, she was at the Ropewalk at Barton. Here is the post about my visit to the Open Studios in September. In October I did a workshop with Sue and wrote about it here
Sue's style is pretty distinctive, I recognised it immediately. It's a large piece made up of several small canvases. 





Sue is teaching another workshop in January, at 20 21. It's about applique textile portraits, so I have booked myself a place on it. Something to look forward to.

I called in Aldi this afternoon, looks like they had some super cheap veggies for sale, all gone when I got there. I believe Lidl are doing the same. I think you have to be early to get them. I will miss out because I don't go shopping in the mornings. My friend said she went to town today and it was heaving, car parks full. With a bit of luck I won't have to go again before Christmas, with what I got today, and a freezer full, that should be enough to see me through to the new year.
Toodle pip.  ilona

4 comments:

  1. I very interesting lot of different ideas and you have something to look forward to see you.
    Have a nice day Ilona.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although it's not the type of art I would normally do, it's the techniques I am interested to learn. Colour is my thing.

      Delete
  2. Second try - pls delete if duplicate!

    I liked the samplers you all produced at that workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous exhibition. I’m very jealous that you managed a visit 😊😊

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.