Monday 8 February 2021

Grounded

Hello. Woke up to snow this morning and it's been coming down on and off all day. The back garden at lunchtime. I kept thinking I might go out, I could put the wellies on and trudge around the village, taking photo's. But then I thought, not much point, I could dig some snowy photo's out of the archives. I will stay in the warm and get on with the sewing. 
I found this one from a few years ago. Note, no summer house, no potted plants on the home made decking alongside the garage, and only one work table on the left hand side. The cat shelter is still there, but not as tall. I had to cut the bottom off as it was rotting, so a shorter version is in it's place now. 
The Village Green. That bench was taken away it was going to be replaced with a new one. We are still waiting for it. 
Don't know who those two were, I was walking alone. Adds a bit of interest to the picture. 

A local park. I've not been there for a long time. Since the lockdowns it's been season ticket pass holders only, and I haven't got one. 
I've still got that skirt, I might get it out again. The lining got torn, I repaired it, when it happened the second time I cut it out with a pair of scissors. It's a thick skirt, it doesn't need a lining. My scruffy old jacket is still in use, but I wear it in the dark. I have a newer one to wear in the daytime. 
It will be something under the grill for dinner tonight. I fancy a veggie sausage and a couple of hash browns. I have half a tin of baked beans which will go nicely with that. 

Thanks for popping in. I hope this snow doesn't go on for too long, I am getting behind on my walking miles. Not to worry, ten months to catch up. Toodle pip.   ilona

8 comments:

  1. I woke up to snow this morning and its been on and off all day.Its really slippy out side,freezing cold and more heavy snow forecast for tonight.It looks like no walking for a few days..just walking around my garden to get some fresh air.My sewing pile is mounting up so Im going to carry on with that.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it a National Park that requires a ticket? Our National Parks, think Banff and Jasper require paid admission for walking/hiking but not our public parks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. The park belongs to the Council. They sell an annual pass, can't remember how much it is, but not much. Before lockdown anyone could access the park through a small gate before 10.30am and after 4.30pm, free of charge. I used to do that. Just never got round to buying a pass, because I can walk in other places.

      Delete
  3. Very wise to stay in warm! It is interesting to look back and realise how much things have changed..or even not!
    No snow except a few dry flurries..and very cold

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had very light snow all day. Not enough to settle on anything but more than enough to get the children over excited and then disappointed. Hopefully we'll get a little more over night
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the snow stopped!

    A girlfriend lives in New Jersey on the us east coast and she got over two feet of snow (and she lives quite near NYC)...she showed me photos of her back patio and the path she swept every few hours so her cats could go outside ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well its Tuesday morning...I think,lol...and as forecast there is a fresh load of snow fell here in Leicester.Hubby has had to cancel M.O.T for the car because it is impossible to get the car out of the street.It isnt up until a couple of weeks time,so not too big a problem.Its the walking I will miss again today because as I am sitting here looking out of the window,the snow is coming down again,thick and fast.The cays are all snuggled up and I have fed the birds.It is so quiet so I am going to make myself another cup of tea and put the radio on low.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its snowing here too, it began during the night and is still coming down. I love the snowy photos...not so much walking in it!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.