Thursday 2 February 2023

Usher Art Gallery, and museum.

Here are the last few pictures from Lincoln on Monday. The Usher Gallery is close to the Cathedral. These pots are made by Grayson Perry. He was featured in a television programme making Brexit pots. One for leave, and one for stay. His distinctive style is easily recognised.  

I didn't make a note of the artist who painted this. It looks like it's a view from the Castle Wall. 
The main exhibition on at the moment is from David Remfry. It's called A Moment Captured, and is on until the 1st of May. Mainly large scale paintings of dancers. 

Here is a write up about it on the BBC website. 

There is a video on yoootooob as well. You may wish to see more of his work. 
Two more paintings, I don't know the artists names. 

Across the road is the Museum. I didn't have much time so it was a quick look around. This big applique wall hanging is just inside the entrance. 
This chappie has a little shop. He is making combs. 
How to build up a skull into an imaginary person. Clever. 
A medieval street market, and some of the things they might sell.  
It was 4pm, closing time, I had to leave. I packed quite a lot into the day out. I'll leave it another year or so before I go again. 
Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

7 comments:

  1. Some very talented artist there.
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could paint a nice picture. I've tried and I am hopeless.

      Delete
  2. What a full and interesting day you had! Don´t your feet hurt after so much walking and standing around?
    Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for that Ilona. Must get to the Usher, haven't been for decades yet I can almost see it out of our upstairs window!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll remember that when I go next time. We can have a coffee in the Cathedral.

      Delete
  4. My eldest daughter and I both have degrees in archaeology and thought this was a really good Museum. Displays well thought out and fascinating. I'm a bit ambivalent about Grayson Perry - his paintings are a bit busy for my tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ilona what a great day you had, thanks for visiting these great places l cant get to xx Mary

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.