Tuesday 7 February 2023

Yorkshire Sculpture Park - Outdoor art

Hello and Good Morning. Let's take a look at the outdoor sculptures. 
Not something you would expect to see in a country park. A gigantic pregnant woman. 

And here is a video of the same sculpture. 
Lots more to look at. Come with me and I will show you around. 





A giant steel handbag. 


Two sides of the same piece. Tiny pieces stuck on a circular base. 






Took me a few minutes to work this out. Back to back LOVE.
LOVE x 4. Reversed and upside down. 



Did I mention that I have been here before? Here are the links to previous posts. 

I think I need to find some new places to visit. Perhaps I will return to YSP in a few years time. 
Another sunny day today. Post office this morning, Billy dog walk this afternoon. Catch ya later. 
Toodle pip.   ilona

6 comments:

  1. I’ve seen that pregnant woman- very impressive and somewhat startling! A bunch of school children were fascinated by it. What a setting for a human biology lesson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look impressive when you see the complete body on one side as you approach it. From a distance it looks harmless enough. Then walk around it and see all the innards with the skin peeled back. A bit of a shock.

      Delete
  2. Those are some striking sculptures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly do stand out in a rural setting.

      Delete
  3. That sculpture of the handbag isn't just any old bag, it's a Hermès Birkin bag, one of the most coveted handbags in the world! I don't have one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a rusty Hermes bag. It would benefit from a coat of paint.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.