Monday 6 February 2023

Yorkshire Sculpture Park - indoor art

Well hello there. I must get a move on with this. Have a day out and there's always a lot to do when I get back. Yorkshire Sculpture Park is an hours drive away, just off junction 39 or 38 of the M1 motorway, depending which direction you come from. I park in West Bretton village as I am out for a walk, as well as looking at art. 
The Park is a 500 acre art gallery, with exhibits both indoors and outdoors. Plenty to keep you occupied for the whole day if you make a visit. There are a number of buildings which house food, shops, and galleries. A free map can be picked up from the main building close to the car park. Dogs are allowed, to be kept on a lead. Follow the paths around the lake and take a picnic. 
This exhibition is called Hand Me Downs, made by Annie Montgomerie. This is her web site. This is her Facebook page.  And her Instagram page.  All her artworks are for sale. 
Please excuse the uneven lighting of the photo's. The gallery is surrounded by glass and the sun was streaming in. 















If you are thinking of treating yourself, you will need some spare cash. Looking down the list they start at around £2,000 to £4,000. In the shop they sell mini prints, postcards, and calendars. 
In another gallery I came across this exhibition. The bright colours on the YSP web site lured me towards this. Lakwena Maciver is a London Artist. Her web site seems under construction but you can find out lots about her here.   And here.   And here.   And here. 
Banners were hanging on the wall around the gallery. I had a nice chat with a smashing young man who was clicking his gizmo every time someone came through the door. 


I fiddled with this one, ha ha. 
I hope you enjoyed the indoor art. Come back tomorrow for the outdoor art. 
Now it's time for lunch, then I must get outside in the sunshine. Toodle pip.   ilona

10 comments:

  1. Wow, these are amazing! A bit beyond my meager budget though. Thank you for sharing them. My main blog is The Balancing Kiwi ;) The others are my mad hobby blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks such a wonderful exhibition Ilona and if I was able I'd have some of those gorgeous animals - I love them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had a bottomless purse I would treat myself to half a dozen of them.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous, thanks for showing them. Angela (Devon)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The "dollies" are precious. Would still love to buy some if your art. You are very, very talented/gifted!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.