Monday 20 March 2023

A visit to Renishaw Hall

A few last pics of Renishaw Hall and Gardens, followed by a video.  





This monument houses a pet cemetery. There are small tombstones around the bottom. The structure itself looks like its legs are crumbling. Steel bands have been fixed around it to stabilise it. 


The view of the lake. There is a steep path down to it, and walks around it. I didn't have time to do that. Maybe I will go again another time. 

I got a bit lost going back to the car. Part of the route is on the Trans Pennine Trail which is an old railway line, and has the Cuckoo Way running alongside it, which is a disused section of the Chesterfield Canal. Very confusing. There is a project to restore the missing part of the canal at Renishaw. There are some details on the Chesterfield Canal's web site.  
At last I could see the church at Spinkhill on the horizon. This is the only pic I got of the nearby college. It was time to go home. 

Have a look at the Hall and Gardens.
It's late and I am tired. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.