Sunday 25 February 2024

A visit to Bransby Horses.

Bransby Horses has 298 equines in their care. These include horses, ponies, and donkeys. It was a lovely sunny day when I visited yesterday. I arrived a bit late, they close at 4pm so I only had an hour there. 




Let me show you around. 

Bransby is near Saxilby, between Lincoln and Gainsborough. There has been a lot of flooding in that area and they had to move a lot of the horses to higher ground. There is plenty to do there for families. A playground for the children. A restaurant/cafeteria with full meals and snacks. There is a gift shop, a book shop, and a charity shop which also stocks everything you need if you keep horses. You can walk around the fields on hard standing footpaths, and there are plenty of benches to sit down for a rest. Take a picnic if you like and make a day of it. 
Here is a link to their web site.  
I stopped off at a couple of villages on the way there, and another one on the way back. I'll put the photo's and a video, on here tomorrow.
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are closed.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.