Friday 2 February 2024

Smile

Good afternoon. Thank you to everyone who checked in with their walking reports yesterday. We shall be doing this again on the first of every month. Keep it up. I am not able to hold your hand, but I will certainly be encouraging you from afar. Nice to see some new names committing themselves to keeping fit. Don't forget walking outside has benefits for both physical health and mental well being. Along with decent food of course. It is even more important to look after yourself these days. 
As I opened up the comments for people to check in, it was inevitable that this alerted the trolls to come on in and play their silly games. I call them trolls because their only mission is to disrupt the flow of the blog. They have nothing useful to contribute. 
I have moved most of my controversial stuff over to the other blog, and I shall continue to add to that. Nobody has to go there if they are not interested, and I won't be engaging in any discussions on the subject matter. 
Here is a message for those not in a happy place. If you are so wrapped up in your own anger and fear, you must seek out others in a similar situation. Join forces and engage in discussions with them. You may be able to thrash out your anger together, and find a better way to navigate the uncertainties of life. I have several friends who I can have meaningful conversations with. We are on the same wavelength. The support of a like minded friend is invaluable. 
I spend a good part of my day smiling. Knowing myself and understanding my feelings is how I work out what I am going to do next. It is something that can be learnt. The ability to make sense of things stretches the mind, and enables you to go off a different direction when changes are needed. 
Time for lunch and then an afternoon walk. Look after yourself. If I have to close the comments, all you lovely readers out there can be assured that I am not going anywhere. I can function perfectly well as someone on the edge looking in. I don't have to be in the middle. 

Toodle pip. ilona

2 comments:

  1. I like that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi from Leicester.Good morning Ilona.Yes,I think the trolls should all get together and have their deep n meaningful conversations....they could have festivals named Angerfest...Moodystock...Crapstonbury....These could be held on a small island somewhere.Just a thought!.Anyway,I found your other blog a while back and always enjoy that too.It was nice to see people from all over the world checking in the walking group.It shows just how popular you are!.Off to feed the cats now.Have a great weekend.Ill si thee!xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.