Sunday 12 May 2024

Brilliant.

I've had a flippin brilliant weekend. It's been hot hot hot. Yes, I had my first lesson on this combine harvester. Alex is an excellent instructor. We had a laugh. I'll tell you more about it tomorrow. 
After that I went to Newark to have a look around there. Then I drove down the A1 and stopped overnight at the services near Grantham. Car camping of course. £15 to park, no need to pay for a room at the Travelodge. 
Next morning, this morning, I went to Belton Village. There is a Stately Home, Belton House, a Garden Centre opposite, and a big posh hotel with a massive golf course. I was going to go to Grantham but didn't bother. Two sunny days and lots of places to explore with nice walks. 
I'll sort the photo's out and check the videos. 
We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

6 comments:

  1. Dear Ilona: Such fun you must have had by the looks of the biggest happy smile that I've seen on anyone's face in a long time! I've had occasion to drive a combine on the Cdn prairies. Taking the corners of the field was tricky but the straight stretches were fun. I'm glad that you realized one of your dreams.
    Best regards, Margaret in Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Difficult to know what to wear. It was a hot day and I am back on skirts now. Or should I say, the skirt, I only have one.

      Delete
  2. Debi from Leicester.That must have been a fantastic experience for you!.I didnt realise just how big those machines are.Looking forward to hearing all about it!I remember going to Belton with my daughters school for a day trip 40 years ago and flying down on a zip wire that was in a kids adventure play ground there.I dont think I would try that these days,lol.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that was great fun. We spent the weekend near Stamford. A lovely little place called Baston.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked a few people what is Grantham like, thinking I might go there. One lady answered, Stamford is better. I didn't have time to go that far, but maybe another trip is needed a bit further south.

      Delete

Comments will be published after my approval.