Saturday 13 July 2024

Parking up in Scarborough.

After a bite to eat back at the car in Thornton, I decided to go to the seaside. The A170 goes to Scarborough. I haven't been there for years. I remember staying at the Youth Hostel there on a long walk from Newcastle to the Humber Bridge. Didn't see much of the place as I passed through it. 
I followed signs for North Beach and started looking for somewhere suitable for overnight parking. Although late in the day there was still a lot of people about. I noted the car parks had signs saying no sleeping in vehicles, and no motorhomes. There is roadside parking but it is limited. Time was getting on and I wanted to have a couple of hours walkabout before bed time. I paid for a ticket at The Spa, and left the car there. 
Some views along the sea front. 



The Tramway was just closing. They park the two carriages side by side halfway up the steep track. 

The Big Wheel was closed for the night. 

Across the Marina anchored up at the pier, is a pub boat. You can see how crowded it is on the top deck. 
The Lighthouse on the pier. 
All the lights are going on now, ready for the night time revellers. 

It was time to get back to the car and find an overnight spot. I drove towards the southern beach and found the Esplanade is very wide there. The only restrictions said no motorhomes overnight. I don't think they bother to check, as there were several that I saw. This will do fine. Next to the clock tower, high up overlooking the sea. And there I slept. Hardly any traffic came by. 
More pics of Scarborough on the next post. 
Catch ya later. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be published after my approval.