Good evening.
I was going to cut down on the litter picking and have a few days off. But . . . I couldn't resist going out today. I went a bit earlier hoping it would be a bit cooler. Only an hour, and one bag, I said to myself. Back to Bagmoor Lane.
Parked my car next to this black bag. Oh no, I recognise that smell. Didn't need to look in it, another dead animal. I started my picking a bit further along the lane.
This is the back wall of the park, with woodland on the other side. I looked over it and found fly tipping.A shopping trolley with no handle and no wheels. Don't know how this got here, there are no shops nearby.
A lot of black bin bags, and that smell again. Another report for the Council I think. I am not touching this.
I soon filled the red bag up. Then I found an empty black bag and filled that as well.
18 glass bottles, bagged up in a sturdy bag, and labelled, Litter picked by a volunteer. Then guess what I found. A full couples toy kit wrapped in a bag, still in the box. 😄😂😎
In the red bag it went, after I checked it for batteries. Only found one very small one which I removed. I posted my report on the Council web site and got a reference number. Hopefully they will come and check out those black bags which I am sure contain animal remains.
My one hour litter pick lasted two hours.
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip. ilona
I litter pick around my village, I don't drive so I can't go very far. I'm pleased to say I've never found anything too disgusting so far. You have all my admiration for picking where you do.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a terrific volunteer in your community!
ReplyDeleteBelinda @ Frugal Workshop
Shopping carts are used by the homeless to move their belongings around. Then if the cart is damaged, it's abandoned.
ReplyDeleteI think you may have an illegal halal butcher operating in the area. Our city found a few operating in backyard garages after neighbours complained about seeing goats in the back yard.