Tuesday, 28 July 2026

Boots in the bag

Good evening. 
Here is a little something I knocked up this morning. I left it in the yoootooob oven while I went out. A subscriber asked me a question and this is my reply. 

YAY, I got my shopping done at Aldi. £54 spent. I stopped of at the Industrial Estate first to do a quick pick. I didn't use the trolley because it was a short piece of road. I wish I had done because this bag is very heavy. Anyone want a pair of boots!

My big pile on the corner near the park, a few hundred yards away hasn't been collected yet, and neither have the containers here and the bag from yesterday. 
That's all for now. Catch ya tomorrow. Toodle pip.   ilona

3 comments:

  1. I think your videos are great. Covering lots of different topics. And it was due to your years of meanqueen ways that allow you now to live for ilona!! It’s not like you are splashing out on frivolous things. Keep on keeping on mother!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are things better for you financially now because your state pension started? I think I remember you retired at 60 and lived off savings, that is why you had to be frugal? Until you were 65 or so? I won't get my state pension until 67, but at 57 at the moment I may be made redundant and probably won't get another job (female, limited skills, old !) ,.. so I'm anticipating 10 years of being a 'Meanqueen' !!! Norma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I retired at 60, with no savings put by. I had £200 in the bank, and still had a mortgage. Nothing stashed away anywhere. Because my whole life has revolved around being frugal, it was no big deal for me. First rule is don't spend money you haven't got. Cyr back on everything that you don't need. Only buy food, pay the rent or a mortgage, pay utilities. I have three cats, and a decent car. These are my priorities. I looked on retirement as an adventure. I will make it work for me. Now 17 years on I am in a good place, because I have not been frivolous with my money. At 57 you could get a part time job to supplement your income. If your redundancy payment is substantial look at investing it, but beware, that will be risky. Personally I am happy to own nothing, less risk. Depends what your expectations are.

      Delete

I might publish your comment, or I might not.