Tuesday, 21 July 2026

Crowle Agricultural Show.

Good afternoon. 
It is Tuesday. Another day out on Sunday. I went to Crowle Agricultural Show. I was in two minds whether to go or not. Do I feel like it, do I want to, do I need to. I looked at last years blog post. Ah ha, I bought cheese from a stall there. I will go and buy some more cheese. Big disappointment, she wasn't there. 
Never mind, I'll take a few photo's. Not many, I have seen most of it before, and it's not a very big show. Have a scroll through these. 



Combines are busy in the fields just now. I am seeing lots of videos of them at work. Some great drone footage coming out. 


I watched a family excitedly looking at these pictures. A little girl was excited to see hers on the board. 
I felt sorry for the cows, being tethered like that. It was warm but there was a breeze going through the open sided tent. People kept reaching in to stroke them. The agricultural side of these shows puts me off going to any more. 


Two fluffy sheep. Looks like they had a wash and brush up before they came. 

Lots of rosettes to win if you present an animal in good condition. 

The bonus of this day out was that I met a smashing couple from Yorkshire. They were sat at a picnic bench and I asked if I could join them. Yes, of course. They very politely introduced themselves. Stacey and Robert. We got chatting, as you do. What a coincidence, we had so much in common it felt like we were old friends. These are my kind of people. When you know instantly that you are going to have a rapport with strangers, it's like instant connection. Events are all about meeting people. 
So I went home with a smile on my face, I had forgotten all about the cheese. 
Thanks for popping in. See ya later. Toodle pip.   ilona

7 comments:

  1. Hello Ilona,
    Just to let you know, how much we enjoyed meeting you, and it was an absolute pleasure chatting to you, at Crowle Show.
    We look forward to reading about your future "jolly days out"
    All the best, Robert and Stacey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Robert and Stacey. I really enjoyed our chat at the show. Amazing that we had quite a lot in common. I have a few days out marked on the calendar. Sunday is a gathering of vintage buses and cars, at Sandtoft Trolley Bus Museum not far from Doncaster. A chance for me to wear my bus drivers badge. Elsecar have a Makers Market (crafts) in August. One I really like is Art in the Pen, at Skipton Auction Mart. Got to make the most of it, before we know it summer will have been and gone. Toodle pip.

      Delete
  2. Hello Ilona,
    It was so nice that you joined us yesterday when we were having lunch. Thanks for the long chat, we will be following you from now. Best wishes, from Stacey and Rob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet some wide awake people. We have to make the most of our lives and ignore the madness going on all around us.

      Delete
    2. Hi Ilona, Lovely to talk with you yesterday, and we hope you enjoy your plans for the summer. from Robert and Stacey.

      Delete
    3. Farmers love their animals and they are very well cared for. We show our cattle often, and they are well fed and watered before being transported (and have a good wash (which they love the attention of)) and clipped and trimmed,.... and they can stand and sit in the shade on a bed of fresh straw, in either an open sided tent or a large purpose built agri. shed with slatted sides and high roof which keeps it very cool. So don't worry, we love our animals and they get to enjoy a day out too. :-) Hellena Bradebury in Cirencester, uk.

      Delete
  3. I do like the picture of the sheep, very cute. Norma.

    ReplyDelete

I might publish your comment, or I might not.