Saturday 23 April 2011

Accidents will happen

I've got a bloody hand, ooops, not swearing, it really is bloody. I was walking past a row of cottages in the village, and tripped over some lumps in the tarmac, went @rse over t1t, and put my right hand out to cushion the fall. This was followed by my right buttock hitting the deck. Don't you feel a right nellie when that happens, me and my clumsy feet.

A man came out of his house and helped me up, he invited me in to wash my bloody hand under the tap, and his wife found some savlon and a dressing. I came over all funny, on the verge of passing out, so his wife brought a chair out for me to sit on. I put my head between my legs, it's supposed to stop fainting, so I believe. Then a nurse came who lives a few doors down, she was most concernd because I had gone a deathly white. She checked my pulse and wanted to call an ambulance. I said I would be alright in a few minutes. After a drink I began to feel better, and the nice man took me home in his van. Such nice people in our village. Happily I have made a full recovery. I might take this dressing off later and wash it again, it flippin hurts like hell where all the skin was scraped off on the tarmac.

Can't sue anyone because it is an unadopted road. Never mind, I must learn to look for lumps and bumps in the road, and pick my flippin feet up.

I fancied an ice cream this afternoon, but I couldn't be bothered to go to the shop, so I had a look in my cupboard to see what I could have instead. Aha, a packet of Butterscotch flavour Angel Delight. No I didn't buy it, I never buy these instant packet mix pudding thingys. My friend gave it to me, along with a lot of other food items, after a house clear out. I also had some cows milk in the fridge, something else I don't buy, the film people left it behind. So why not give it a go, it is free after all, even though the packet is over a year out of date.

I scoffed the lot and I'm still alive to tell the tale.

Have a nice Easter.

PS. I have just noticed I have some new readers, thank you for popping by. Now I'm off for a nosey, I want to know all about you, ha ha.

21 comments:

  1. Poor Ilona, I know the feeling well. It's happened to me quite a few times. Thank God you didn't break anything and you certainly have very nice caring neighbours. I'm a bit worried that you didn't take the nurse's advice to go for a check up at the hospital. Hopefully there is no internal bleeding or anything. I'm just a bit concerned that you became faint after the fall. Take care of yourself and have a lovely Easter break, no pun intended! :-D but if you do experience any worrying symptoms, get thee to the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon. It's nice to hear how people help each other in these circumstances.

    The Angel Delight sounds lovely.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soak it in some warm water with some salt in, that should take the sting out. Won't do anything for your dented pride though love xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for you, I know what a plonker you feel when you fall over. Its usually a quick scramble to your feet before anyone sees you. lol
    Hope you are okay now.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I used to love Angel Delight - I haven't made any for years.

    How kind of people to come outside, look after you and give you a lift home after you fell :)

    Hope that you are feeling ok x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ilona you need to take more water with it. I hope you are ok, its horrid t fall like that, such a shock, I hope you do not get any after effects.

    Take care......

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was really nice of them. It's so easy to fall on uneven ground - particularly if you're like me and don't walk with nose facing downwards! I broke my ankle on the Isle of Man coastal walk by just treading on a lump of grass, and going over, whilst wearing a large rucksack. Hope the graze soon heals up, so it doesn't stop you doing anything.

    Look forward to seeing you next week on the box.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh blimey!! Hope your hand heals quickly. You do feel a right nelly don't you when you fall over - particularly when you're on your own!! At least if you're with a mate you can laugh it off. How nice of those people to look after you. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you didn't break anything. Good people to help you out like that so many would of stayed in their homes not wanting to get involved. Here is a blog that you might enjoy ...http://unconsumption.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did the same thing last week............backed into the lawnmower and fell flat on my back on the concrete. I lay there for a minute trying to figure out if I had broken anything. I was fine but was shaking when I went into the house. I am older than you so do worry about more about breaking stuff. A sweet treat after a shock is good for you...............why is asphalt so easy to fall over. Take it easy Ilona !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sometimes lose my balance and take a tumble...my hubby says I shouldn't put vodka on my cornflakes! Don't overdo it, your body has had a beating.
    Take care
    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you feel a little better Ilona. Take it easy for a couple of days. Angel Delight is just what the doctor ordered!
    Don't you feel a fool if you take a fall though? On the odd occasions I have I'll bet there's at least two witnesses and the last time was on a main road with the traffic nose to tail in a queue! I got up VERY quickly and didn't look for injuries until I turned down a quiet side street.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did that once and it burst an annoying ganglion on my wrist- saved an operation on it, so couldn't complain too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. so glad your ok!!that was a nasty fall,and we feel so silly!!and what kind people they were to help you,Happy Easter and take care,xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oopsie! I took a recent trip very like yours but I don't think I was hurt as badly as you although I was face down on the pavement. The worst part was being at a busy intersection with morning commute traffic and stoplights. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get up before someone in a rush ran right over me.

    Oh, and you'll figure out this is my first time commenting although I've dropped by several times in the last few weeks. I thought since you are welcoming new readers it would be a good time for me to say hello.

    Darla (in CA, USA)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you are feeling OK now, I bet you will have a few bruises showing. By the way, Tesco do a cheap version of angel delight, its only 6 or 7 pence a packet. I buy it for the grandkids sometimes and its ok.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a nasty tumble:( Hope you are feeling better today Ilona. What wonderful folk to have in your village who were willing and able to help you after your fall xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry to hear of your mishap, but lovely that so many people helped you out. Hope your injury is less tender today. I twisted my ankle once coming away from visiting my mum in hospital and several people came out of houses to help me out. Restores your faith in human nature. At least a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh you do feel an idiot when that happens don't you? I'm glad there were kind people there to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry to hear you had a fall, I once went through a period of about two months where I fell over several times - doesn't it make you feel daft sitting on the ground wondering what happened? Hope your hand is getting better now - I'm always amazed how many kind people appear to help when one comes to grief in public.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always manage to fall down and have all my life! At 64, this worries me. So far, no broken bones. I am told I have bones hard as a 30-yr-old. I just rip things, tear things--rotator cuff, meniscus in both knees, herniated discs. Both hands are injured and not right. Knees will never have osteoarthritis, according to the orthopedic surgeon--no matter what I do to myself. So, I can fall all I like. But, it hurts and I cry...lots. So far, my head is in one piece, never gotten faint, just mad.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.