Wednesday 6 April 2011

Ready to roll, with a souped up computer and a new bag

Here is the man responsible for getting me up and running once again. Mark Hebblethwaite, Computer Whiz. He doesn't just fix the computer, he goes the extra mile to make sure that everything on it is clean and tidy. He gives it a thorough going over, and tweaks it to give optimum performance, it's romping away like a racehorse now. So thank you Mark, my hero. Also, thank you for your comments while I have been incapacitated. Let's get this blog rolling :o)

Right, where was I before I was so rudely interrupted by that nasty virus, ah yes, this morning I planted my seed potatoes, 24 of them, into three raised beds. I got another load of compost from the churchyard so I have enough to earth them up when they start poking their noses up. Then I gave the garden a bit of a tidy up, I found a big fat slug hiding, yuk, time to start collecting and disposing of them. It has been a lovely day here, quite hot, and John next door had his lawn mower out for the first cut of the season. Suppose I'll have to be getting mine out soon, groan, boring job.

A few pics of the bag I took to the Arts Centre yesterday. It's quite a thick fabric, so only needed a lightweight lining. It's 12" x 11", and hasn't a gusset. The bobble is a wooden bead with a crochet cover, and the loop is an elasticated hair tie.

I made these drinks can squares for another bag but decided not to use them. The red wool doesn't photograph too well.







I'm very pleased with this one, I love the contrasting colours. A little note to Jane here. I haven't forgotten about the bag for you, I'll email you as soon as the Arts Centre release it from the exhibition.

11 comments:

  1. I see why you are pleased with it - the colours do work so well and I love the design!

    glad your computer is all sorted now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be completely lost without my laptop, so I know how pleased you'll be that you're back in the land of the bloggers!

    I'm also glad you managed to persuade your hero, Mark to have his picture taken!

    I do love that bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous bag♥ Well done Mark, obviously he goes above and beyond providing excellent service. A rare find:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, love the can decor...you're so very talented. And your hero is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your posts are even better with pictures back. And your tin can bag has given me ideas for some funky jewellery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marry him Ilona, it might pay of in the long run :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did Mark manage to resist the temptation to ask, "Have you tried turning it OFF and back ON again?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where 'd find him. A true treasure and he looks a nice guy too.
    I love your bags; so imaginative. I love your blog, envy your walking ability and your joie de vivre !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kath, I would do, if he hadn't already got a wife and two children. He is a devoted dad, a lovely fella.

    Funny you should say that, Cyberkim. He did get me to turn it back on, when he rang me after my cry for help. Still the same problem, but I didn't mind, I was quite looking forward to seeing him again :o)

    You're so kind, lizzie. I don't let things get me down, no point in moaning, just get on with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish we all could have a Mark Hebbleswaite for fixing computers. If he is as good as you say he must be in great demand.
    Your bag is once again amazing. You are truely creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats a shame, it could have been the ultimate money saving strategy LOL

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.