Sunday 6 November 2011

A walk to heaven and back

It was a glorious morning here in North Lincolnshire, Henry and me went for a walk to Normanby Park, it's about a mile away. Here he is tied to a waste bin while I take some photo's. Wait a minute Henry, good boy.

A few more interesting mushrooms.



And something growing near the stump of a tree. Very pretty.

A glimpse of Normanby Hall

This scene quite took my breath away with it's beauty. A long avenue of trees, the ground covered in a golden carpet, and the sun shining through bringing the whole picture alive.

I could see the couple in the distance coming towards me, so I took several snaps. You can see Henry in the corner.

I just couldn't take my eyes off it, so beautiful.

As they walked past me, I thanked them for being there, thanked them for bringing my pictures alive.

Then another couple came towards me,

And I took some more photo's

So beautiful, I was overwhelmed with emotion. This is truly heaven, I am lucky to be here, to see it, to smell it, to experience it.

This is a photo of the path next to the duck pond. I couldn't decide whether to take it in Landscape,

or Portrait, what do you think?

The other side of the duck pond.


We were out for two and a half hours, a great way to start a Sunday morning, then home for a second breakfast.

17 comments:

  1. just wonderful photos, I would have been awe struck too.

    Isn't this a truly wonderful time of year.

    It's great to be out and about isn't it?

    We took a lovely Autumnal walk too today.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ilona, Yes I have been popping in although not commenting as often. It's our busy time of year here so I make sure I still call in to see what you're up to. That walk looks lovely..wish I could have been there with you. Maa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ilona for the gorgeous photos to start off my week. I love the glimpses you give me of the English countryside. Being frugal, like you, I don't think I'll ever make the journey from Australia to see it in person so I really appreciate seeing it through your eyes. As for the photos of the path by the duck pond, they are both lovely but portrait is the winner.
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. That avenue of trees looks lovely with the sun casting shadows across.
    I prefer the photo of the duck pond path in portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, lovely autumn pictures - second breakfast is my favourite meal of the day ! Henry looks really good company.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those pictures are just beautiful! definitely a little glimpse of heaven..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the duck pond in landscape, that fence just adds something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I think the fence gives an added interest to the picture, and the red leaves nearer the top of the tree adds more colour. I can't decide which.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures, looks like you got a decent day for your trip out. It's nice to see the greenery, and the different coloured leaves on the ground. Living in the town,I miss it, so it's nice to view your photos of the countryside, sets me up for the day. I bet Henry enjoyed his wander in amongst all those leaves. :-) Cheers, Christy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pictures, I love to see the autumn colours, just wish I could get out a bit more to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a wonderful place for autumn strolls, I have enjoyed your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful place.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me thinks you need to have a go with photoshop and then you could have both the red leaves and the fence in one pic. You could most probably do it in irfanview (which is free) or try photopos pro(which is free) you can find it by googling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a special place. Ilona, they're like something straight off a postcard or tourist brochure. Autumn is my fav time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, these are the moments that make let know that it's good to be alive!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.