Friday 16 March 2018

A pot of flowers. Latest art project

Hello. At last, it is finished. The Dorset Buttons-curtain rings wrapped in wool-pot of flowers thingy. I'm very pleased with it. The size is 22 inches by 18 inches. Same dark blue fabric on the back as the front, added after it was all finished on the front. In the middle is a piece of thick wool type fabric to give stability to the rings and hold the weight without sagging. 
Two shades of green felt for the stalks and leaves, the darker one is a bit I had left from the snooker table which was recovered at the club.

The rings are stitched on with matching cotton The larger ones are stitched close to the centre, and also around the inside of the circle close to the ring.



One row of running stitch in a lighter shade of blue around the edge. I was going to do three rows, but it is not needed. Orange felt for the pot.






The light today is not good for photographs. As daft as it sounds, the best place is on the kitchen floor with light coming in from two sides. I took some with the old Fujifilm camera, and the new Canon, the Canon is better. Thank goodness that is finished, it's taken a while, now I can move on to other things.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

42 comments:

  1. Wonderful!
    This one MUST be put on show in a craft contest or just an Art Gallery display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking forward to seeing the finished item - and it is beautiful.
    I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really nice, so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous!! You are certainly a most creative recycling artist!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy colourful picture x Love the bright colours 😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything you make is lovely but this has to be my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job and beautiful picture. You're getting better & better! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful. Such detail in each flower - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Ilona, I LOVE the flower pic!! You might even have surpassed the octopussy creation! That's upcycling on steroids! An old billiard table! Keep it up. Inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the vibrant colours!Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. A truly gorgeous creation, Ilona! Beautiful design and lovely stitching, and I love all the pretty colors! A prizewinner if there ever was one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's wonderful! Hang it somewhere where you can see it and smile at it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hanging looks great, so cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Ilona, I just love it, you are a very crafty lady. Have a lovely weekend,
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  16. You do such wonderful work Ilona! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's amazing and must have taken you hours. In my opinion it's your best yet.
    Which is your favourite.
    No wonder you want to cut your miles back to 1000 this year!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic finish Ilona - you must be really pleased with your end result. I've saved it to my folder to give me inspiration for when I get my rings out -well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning Iiona you are a very talented lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is truly lovely. I love the detail at the centres of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really really really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Ilona, that is truly stunning. The amount of work that has gone into it is incredible. One of your best yet.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is really cheerful. Now to find the right spot to hang it up.


    ReplyDelete
  24. You are so talented, Ilona.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are so talented, Ilona. Hope you are having a good day over in jolly ole England! Nancy from Northern California

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh MY! That is just the prettiest art you've made to date. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I absolutely love this! It is my favorite of your art works so far. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your art project turned out beautifully! I admire your ability to look at scrap items and see potential to create something of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So colorful and pretty! Great job, Ilona!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.