Tuesday 21 August 2018

Memory Lane

It was nice to meet up with a friend of a friend yesterday, I knew the face but Sandra had to reveal her name to me. We last met almost ten years ago at a party in Blackpool, that was when I did my first long walk, Blackpool to the Humber Bridge. It was Shirley's 60th and retirement party, there were a lot of people there from the past. 
Childhood memories were recalled, we laughed as we remembered the antics that we got up to, as we all lived in the same area and went to the same schools.  Sandra is a couple of years younger than me, and was in the same class as my brother. She has a good memory. 
It's raining. Time for breakfast, beans and egg on toast.  ilona

10 comments:

  1. I can see that Shirley has come to see you and your Art.I bet you will meet up with alot that remember you from your hometown!I hope its all going well and you are getting lots of people attending.I was hoping to get on the first day,getting the bus from Leicester,but had to go to a hospital appointment with my Mam.I so want to see it all in real life!.So im going to try to get in this next week.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry!,Just reread and saw that your friends name is Sandra!xx

      Delete
  2. The background looks exciting.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two ladies look very happy to be there, too!

      Delete
  3. I would have loved to so and see everything Ilona but u will have to see the photos. Hope you see lots of visitors.

    Love
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your art looks very impressive hanging on the wall! I can't wait to see more photos from your exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely artwork and a happy photo of you both. love liz amy and benny.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photo of you and your friend. I hope everything is going well with the exhibition. Your work looks superb and really well hung. Can’t wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.