Tuesday 12 May 2020

A lesson in mindfulness

Hello. Curiosity led to me clicking on one of Bjorn's videos, and now I can't stop listening to his smooth and relaxing voice. He speaks very slowly and passionately about life in general, while exploring the woods around his home in Norway.

His messages are very simple, almost rambling along and not saying very much at all, but if you listen very carefully there are little gems of wisdom in there. Those of a gentle nature will find them kind of spiritual. If you are a maker you will understand this one.

I have just had this playing while I have been weaving. Eyes down, watching what I am doing, and occasionally looking up to see what Bjorn is doing. Often he will sit down in the woods, get his little stove going to heat up some water, and make a drink of chocolate coffee, while sharing his little nuggets of wisdom.



If you have eleven minutes to spare, make a drink and listen to Bjorn.

Now I'm going to carry on weaving, and watch or mainly listen to some more.
A bit windy again, but I will brave it and go for a walk this afternoon. Toodle pip.  ilona

10 comments:

  1. Hi ilona, I visit daily for words of wisdom, crafts and inspiration and thank you for your blog! I agree with Bjorn, being creative brings a sense of usefulness even if the item isn't perfect. Thank you for sharing, caring and inspiring others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. Bjorn's words are so simple, yet so true. he is simplicity at it's best.

      Delete
  2. Ive have only just logged back on and not watched Bjorn yet...Im going to save it until tomorrow to give me something to look forward to,lol.I was lucky yesterday because my daughter who has been delivering free food to elderly people who cant get out,arrived at my gate with about 50 tins of sardines.There wasnt any labels on them so they couldnt be included in the parcels.Only one of my cats will eat them...well licks the juice,lol...so all the cat owners in the street have been left a treat for their fur babies.I used to love them on toast when I was a kid,but dont like the look of them now!.Enjoy your evening and best wishes,xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try and make time to watch and listen. Bjorn is like a pool of calm in a raging sea.

      Delete
  3. I like this guy and his calm and kind attitude and words and how he suggests making things and being useful to others. Thanks for sharing the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can almost picture the cogs in his brain gently turning while he is carefully picking his way through his vocabulary. When I listen to someone speaking this slowly I am usually one step ahead of them, wanting to finish their sentences, and move quickly on. This guy slows me down. I am happy to wait, allowing my own brain time to absorb his little gems of wisdom.

      Delete
  4. Hi ilona have been following you for quite some time and really enjoy your blog makes my day thank you.. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ilona I've been following all your inspiring tips for a year.i have lost three stone due to walking a lot more so I'm much healthier now.i love your story's about your walks and all your saving money ideas are great and very sensible your a super-duper lady well done love joannex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, Joanne. That's the way to go.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.