Friday 15 May 2020

Out and about

It was nice to go for a drive yesterday afternoon. The intention was to walk in a different area, so I took myself off to the far corner of North Lincolnshire, and stopped before I fell into the river. I went through Barton, Barrow, New Holland, Goxhill, East Halton, North and South Killingholme. It's the back of beyond with long straight roads which go nowhere. 
I never did get to walk because there was nowhere close to the water to park, so I gave up that idea. It was just nice to be out and about. 
I stopped for ten minutes to take these pictures. I have been to Thornton Abbey Gatehouse before. There are more pictures in this blog post. It's closed today of course. 
Makes a nice backdrop for my lovely car.

There is a little bridge over a pond next to the car park and picnic area. All a bit neglected, could do with a clean up before they open again. There is a lovely big weeping willow, with the sun shining through the droopy branches.


I have a sat nav in my new car, don't know how to use it yet, but it's helpful to check the arrow on the screen to confirm where I am. I don't want to become reliant on that for finding my way around, I will still carry maps with me.

On the way back I called in three stores in search of hot glue sticks. B & M, Home Bargains, and Poundstretcher, nobody has the size that I need. A phone call this morning to a friend who might know where I can try next has led me to a local builders merchants who might stock them. I rang them and from a description on the phone I think they might be what I am looking for. I will go there this afternoon and check. If lucky I can get on with my next assemblage project.

I'll leave you now and have lunch. Looks like a sunny day, whooopeeeee. No food shopping to do, I have everything I need. I could be relaxing with a can of cider in the garden later.
Toodle pip.  ilona

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. Glad you are able to get out and about now, and enjoying the sunny weather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been so refreshing to get out and about in your car and see views that you hadnt seen for a while.The view of the weeping willow is lovely and just the sort of place that I would love to sit on a bench for an hour.Around where I live today,it isnt going to be very peaceful because there are idiots traveling to a large park about 10mins away from me to stage a mass gathering with people bringing picnics,singing dancing to music saying that they want their freedom back!.It is happening in Hyde Park in London and lots of other citys aswell....I cant say on here what I think of them but you get the general idea.I wish that the police would bring water canons out..that would put a damper on their day.It will be interesting to see how many get fined as the police seem to have given up here!.Anyone with any brains would keep well away from the lot of them,but they will have the usual sheep and rent a mob with them.Well my day will consist of making sure that my Mams alright and sitting in the garden listening to a bit of 60s music,pulling up a couple of weeds,lol and a couple of cans of Guinness with Hubby later on...I might go mad and have a bag of crisps as well,lol.Hope I hope that you have a lovely Saturday and the sun shines for you all,xxx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.