Wednesday 20 May 2020

Thank you dear reader

It was a few days ago when I wrote about searching for glue sticks for my hot glue gun. I was unlucky because it's something which is not widely stocked by arts and crafts shops. Some of them stock the small glue guns and sticks, but mine is a bit older and a bit bigger. I tried a builders merchants recommended by a friend but drew a blank there. They had sticks alright but they didn't fit my gun. 
Within half an hour of the blog post being published on Thursday, a reader emailed me to say she had some sticks. I must admit that I wasn't hopeful that they would be the right size, or there would be enough of them. I want to make a large assemblage so I will need quite a few. 
The second email gave a few more details and so I thought there was a chance that this might be exactly what I wanted. I didn't want her to go to the trouble of sending them and not being right. 
Today I had a parcel. Oooh so excited. 
Very well wrapped in a sturdy box.

Bubble wrap to protect the contents.

And look what I found. Two hot glue guns and lots of glue sticks. The sticks exactly fit the glue gun I already have. Now I have spare guns as well.
There is plenty here to do what I want to do. No need to search any longer, a kind reader has answered my prayers. She had them knocking around and doesn't need them. So a big THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

It's a good job we have Royal Mail, now that we can't travel so much, and visiting people is limited. We can still send each other things. This week I have posted off three parcels. A needle felted picture I made went to Rafi and Klee in America. Their videos have entertained me for a long time. Some tree decorations I made out of bobbins, went to a lady who has collected some and doesn't know what to do with them. I put in some felt to get her started. My nephew's little girls loved their bunting so I made up some simple sewing kits for them. My nephew will show them how to make felt hearts, that should be fun. A sewing lesson in their home schooling schedule.

It's been a very hot day today. I did my walk this afternoon, only two miles around the village and I was wilting. I will stick to night walks if it's going to be hot again.
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip. ilona

6 comments:

  1. Lucky you. It great when someone helps us out. I had a sewing machine donated to me which I'm so grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so nice for someone to do that!.I bet you were well pleased when you undone the box!.On the way back from my Mams house yesterday,someone had put an assortment of childrens toys out,saying Free please take!.There was lots of stuff and I brought a pop up kiddies tent with ball pit balls in it for the girl next door to me,who has 2 boys aged 1 and 3.The boys eyes lit up like it was Christmas,so I was well pleased.We combined our walk yesterday with taking my Daughters labs for a walk.I was really nervous because they hadnt seen me for a few months and I was worried they might have forgotten me..but it all went well,lol.It looks very overcast here today,so Im hoping for some rain for a change!!.Stay safe everyone,xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased your reader sent some glue things, there is a lot of good people about but then you are kind to Iiona all thinging of others. Our Garden waste men came yesterday and I have nanaged to almost fill it up again. Hope it is s not to hit for you today.
    Hazel c uk 🌈🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was very kind of her, that should keep you happily crafting for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got what u needed. Megan brought home a box of fruit and veggies from a church that has a donation center where she has volunteered. Brought two others as well for neighbors. We split ours with our son and his family. I needed more potatoes as I only had 2 left. Its been cool lately but warmer these next days. Our county has opened up slowly as of Friday. Will get my hair cut soon. Finally. Take care!!🍓

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's hear it for kindness. We need more of that in this world. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.