Sunday 9 January 2022

Chatter

I'm a bit lost with the days now that we have had two Bank Holidays. I have to look out of the window in the morning to see which of my neighbours have gone to work. Which cars are there and which are missing. Some of them have works vans as well as their own car. I thought it was Monday when I woke up, then realised it was still the weekend. To confuse matters, the man across the road works 4 x 12 hour shifts then has four days off. Six till six, days or nights. I think that would be a good job to have with those hours. Better than the hours I worked when I was driving, 5 x 12 hour days. 
I did my usual walk today. The tracks are very muddy, it has been raining a lot. I got chatting to a man today, he was walking in the opposite direction. He said he had sent some pics to his girlfriend who has agreed to come out walking with him. She wasn't impressed when he showed her how muddy it is. I said, you will have to buy her some boots, and suggests he goes to Go Outdoors where they have a good selection. 
Chatting for 20 minutes meant that I had to get a move on because I had allowed myself two hours for the walk. I calculated that it would be dark by 4.30pm. 
Not quite dark yet. Ten minutes to get back to the village. 

I met a woman who was walking her dog. She is a nice lady, we have spoken before. She has a gorgeous Boxer dog. I carry dog treats in my pocket so I offered one. She said he is allowed treats. I always ask as some dogs might be on a special diet. He liked it and I got the feeling he would have liked another one. They only get one. Some of the dogs in the village remember I have treats, and get excited when they see me. 

My neighbour was outside at the front of her house when I got back. I stopped to chat. We haven't chatted much before because she is always busy with family stuff. It was a good conversation. 

No cooking tonight. I warmed a portion of stew up in the microwave. That's the last of the meatballs gone now. I wont be buying any more, it was like chewing cardboard. 

Five miles walked today. Total 32. 

Monday tomorrow. Must think of something to do to fill the day up. It depends on the weather. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

8 comments:

  1. It’s been snowy, cold and rainy here in my little spot in the US. I have had a lazy weekend. 2 loads laundry…that’s it. I feel a little bumish ( new word) lol Thanks for taking us along 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always nice to chat with people during the day. Makes us feel not so alone during these crazy times. Have a wonderful Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sharon that's /rightπŸ‘" people are losing face to face interaction πŸ’—..

      Have a great day-/ "week"

      Best wishes Levi xx

      Delete
  3. Oh believe me m'dear, four on four off shift with two days and two night (all twelve hrs) are bloody awful. Worked them for many years as a factory engineer before changing career in my fifties and they suck big time. The effect upon your body clock is so detrimental with you not able to gain a regular sleep pattern (even on the real time three and a bit days off), your eating pattern is all over the shop which leads to your bodily systems leading you a merry dance and mentally they leave you tired and low for most of the time. Apart from these things they are fine....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. I agree it is not good for the body clock to swap about. I remember having to pull over in a layby when I was a few miles from the depot coming back in from a night shift. I literally couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I was driving with the window open, with rock music blasting out of the radio, and singing along with it. Even shouting to myself to stay awake. The early hours were a killer, well almost but not quite.

      Delete
  4. Hello "ilona" meanqueen πŸ™‹πŸ’–
    Yes everyday blends in to one like a big long Sunday since the xmas hols 😩
    Yes go outdoors is good for outdoor stuffπŸ‘

    Happy day's Levi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its great to get out of the house.i did my first long walk yesterday since Christmas.Oh I really needed that!.To breath in the fresh air and feel the breeze on my face made me feel alive again!I came home with some freebies as well.Someone was giving a way a wicker basket and a beautiful silver stag,which I think was a Christmas ornament.I said that I wasnt getting any more Christmas things...I havent for years...but as I have donated a load,I thought it was ok to have just one,lol.I will use the wicker basket for an Easter display at the cemetery.The sky looks very pink here in Leicester today so I am going to get out early in case it rains later.xx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.