Sunday 4 August 2024

New to me clothes.

Good afternoon. This is what I bought last week at the charity shop. The same shop as I got the new rucksack. Six items of clothing for only £6. I enjoyed the rummage through the baskets. Remember the old days of Rummage Sales in Village Halls. Most of our clothes when we were growing up were hand me downs from relatives, or Rummage Sale bargains. Years ago you could pick up items for a bob or two. Now it's £1 each. 
Pants. Are they for indoors or outdoors? I don't think it matters nowadays. 
A granny cardy. easy to throw on when you get a bit chilly. The stripy sweatshirt is a lovely warm fleece. Perfect for me. I love it. 

Two posh tops. They will go with anything.

I love a bargain. I haven't been in a clothes shop for ages. The only exception is Go Outdoors for my walking gear. 

Talking of walking, I will get a bite to eat and spend the rest of the day rambling around the lanes. 

Thanks for popping in. Enjoy your Sunday. Toodle pip.   ilona

13 comments:

  1. Think you will find the trousers are, in fact, pyjama bottoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People are going to be so impressed that I have started a new fashion.

      Delete
  2. You did well there! The blue fleece stripey top and the floral top strike me as particularly you - smart but zingy. And the pink trousers are a real colour pop. An obscene amount of clothing is manufactured every year, and bought by people addicted to shopping. Much better to buy what you can secondhand. I also find it’s often better quality if it’s a few years old. Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just deciding what to wear to Crafty Club this morning. It will be fun.

      Delete
  3. Ah Ilona I really love your new clothes that's a great find and I'm sure will suit you just greatx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to enjoy wearing them and showing them off.

      Delete
  4. A lovely selection. I remember rummage sales. My grandfather used to help organise them to help raise funds for the church, along with sales of work. These were where parishioners could sell all kinds of homemade items, jams, chutney and pickles. Knitted toys, quilts, pegbags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum used to give us a shilling or two to spend at a rummage sale in the village hall. I used to dive in there among the scrum to find a bargain. It was great fun. What a happy and carefree life we had, even though we didn't have much money.

      Delete
  5. Good to see clothes being given a second life instead of being thrown away. I only ever buy new socks and underwear all my other clothes are secondhand. Nick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Encouraging people to wear second hand clothing would be a good message to put across for saving the planet. The fashion industry is all about making money, hence the mountains of discarded clothes that go to landfill.

      Delete
  6. You did good there Ilona - Most of my clothes and footwear are from a charity shop - can't resist them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like a second hand pair of boots or shoes that someone else has had the pain of wearing in.

      Delete
  7. yesterday i went to a local Wool event and got talking to a spinning lady she was lovely and much of an age as me , she was banging on about having to be on trend with the stuff she sells and i was baffled . I just wear what im comfortable in and the colours i fancy ive never been on trend in my life...lol ...everything but underwear comes from the jumbles and i wear it till i cant repair it anymore

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.