Tuesday, 28 July 2026

Checking my patch

Good morning. Catching up from yesterday. 
I went to Crafty Club to find that there was no electricity in the Village Hall. I always arrive late and two of the members had gone to the shop next door and purchased the hot drinks for everyone. As I always bring my own there wasn't any hot water to make my coffee. So I went to the shop and bought a strawberry milk shake. That will do nicely. 
After lunch the plan was to do a litter pick then go to Aldi. I am running low on food. As I was passing this bin I saw that it was overflowing with rubbish. Best sort that out first. I pulled it all out and filled a red bag. The plastic drums that have been left there are full of what could possibly be diesel or oil. It looks like they came from the two trailers that were dumped on the road recently, and had to be emptied before they could be moved. I imagine the Council will come back and collect these items. 

Then on to my regular tidy up spot. The grass has been mown thus chopping up the litter underneath it. By this time my second bag was almost full. 
Let's call it a day, I have done enough. The bag was added to the pile. Still no Council to check out the fly tipping I reported. 

I didn't get to Aldi, it was almost 7pm and I needed to go home and eat, and feed the cats, and the hedgehogs will soon be coming out for their supper, or is it breakfast if they have just woken up. I counted five on the garden. They are getting to know me now and I can walk among them. 
This afternoon I will go to Aldi.
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. Good for you picking this up. I am so glad there isn’t so much litter in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The litter picking is never ending. But I know what you do is making a difference. I hope people are great ful. If you were not picking it up can you imagine what it would look like🙈. Keep on keeping on mother!!

    ReplyDelete

I might publish your comment, or I might not.