Tuesday 3 February 2009

Hot cross buns

We had a new teacher at college tonight, I do social sciences on a Tuesday, and he was stepping in for Em who could not make it. Young Danny, I say young because he looked more like a student than a teacher, made the subject of food quite interesting. We talked about what influences our choice of food, diet and poverty, food and health, and who is responsible for what goes in our mouths. I said I am responsible for what I eat, but then I realised I am not responsible for how crops are grown and what goes into processed food.

We discussed where we buy our food, and how the supermarkets influence what we buy. We agreed that the special offers always seem to be mostly junk or unhealthy food, and Danny said that the cheapest food was junk food. I disagreed with him on that one, because I can make perfectly healthy meals for very little money. All the more reason to make meals from scratch.

There wasn't many bargains left in Tesco tonight, but I did get six packets of six wholemeal hot cross buns for 10p a packet. I'm sure they will fit in the freezer, if not, it's hot cross bun cheese rolls for the next few days.
Daily spend - Tesco £18.45

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.