Tuesday 23 June 2009

My family

For all cat lovers, here are some pictures of my babies, they're old men actually. At the moment they are not very happy because they are getting the bog standard Felix food in pouches and foil, what they really want is Felix As Good As It Looks, but at over £4 a box from supermarkets, they will have to manage, because the market stall where I usually get it from has run out. I will not pay extortianate supermarket prices for it. Hopefully the market will get it in again soon, at £2.75p a box, a massive saving. They get dried food as well, but they are fussy about which brand they like. I tell them it's only a name, but they turn their noses up at the cheaper food, so they have to wait untill the good stuff comes on special offer. Bugsy in the sun. He came to me 12 years ago at 10 months old. He lived with someone who kept going off and leaving him to roam the streets. Just behind him in this picture is a patch of long grass in the middle of the lawn. I deliberately leave it long because they like to make nests in the middle of it and snooze in the sun.
Lilly has been here about a year, he is 14 years old and came to live with me because he knows I am a soft touch where cats are concerned. Any cat can visit here, other cats just stroll in and out. I went to see Lily's other cat mum round the corner, they don't allow him in the house, that's why he likes it here better.
Freddie is the bully, he thinks this is his patch and will see off any others he doesn't like. He arrived about five years ago, in a terrible state, lumps of fur missing, smelly and flea ridden. as an entire male he just had to be 'seen to', but it didn't cure his spraying, unfortunately he still does it, occasionally indoors. I have to have some of the furniture covered, and cleaning solutions at the ready. I still couldn't get rid of him though, even with his bad habits. Not sure how old he is, probably quite old.
They love to lie in the window sill and sunbathe.
Helping me on the computer

Two cats trying to sit on my knee at the same time, Bugsy jumped off when Lily climbed on top of him. I think I am the lodger here, they do as they like and I run around after them :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, well here's a post to make me come out of lurkdom. I LOVE these photos! What is it about cute cat pictures that make me go gooey?!

    I;ve been clearing out my garage this week and found a photo collage of my 6 cats (only one is still alive) and I sat there for 5 minutes cooing over them and showing them to my daughter.

    Thank you for sharing your lovely photos! I know you're not supposed to have faourites, but Bugsy does it for me. I have a thing about grey stripey cats. My first, Wordsworth, was like that and he carved a place in my heart which is still there to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely Ilona. I will post some pictures of mine on my blog over the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.