Friday 3 December 2010

Brighten up your snow

There's a heck of a lot of this white stuff about, as if you hadn't noticed ;o) Although it is very pretty hanging in the trees, the clumps on the ground are a bit boring, and all the gardens look the same. All except for mine, ha ha.

So, does snow always have to be white? No of course it doesn't. Why not brighten things up a bit and add some colour.

This is my front garden. Yes I know you recognise it, the painted sticks in the coloured pots are still there, the long painted leaves are buried, and the silver rythm stick is covered in snow so you can't see it.

Some water based paint, diluted in a squirty bottle, and there you go, it's magic.

15 comments:

  1. Food dye mixed with water in a squirty bottle also works. :)

    We had a blue snowman the other year! Most popular one on the block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea!!!! Go on, Ilona. Paint the whole town, why not? Who needs electricity eating x-mas lights for outside. This is much more entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo that is fabtastic Ilona, it looks great !!!
    Twiggy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Oh, but... like... Wow, man. The colours...", as my hippy contemporaries would have said.

    Marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a brilliant idea, I love it.!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, it looks a bit like candy floss. I hope it doesn't snow overnight, or I will have to do it all over again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks fantastic and is so easy - brilliant idea! I might try it with my class of four year olds on Monday!
    Jille x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet your garden cheered people up as they walked past!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it looks great, much better than boring white!

    Josie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the ideas you come up with, I would have never thought of doing something like that. I must be very boring:( Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im absolutly loving the art work, great way to jazz the doom and gloom up, you should be on the front page of every newspaper, great example to world, putting a fresh and cheerful spin on the day, we need more of it, keep it up it makes me smile, (one proud nephew)xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Must try this !! what fun lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazingly creative lady! Love it! I hate winter and all that comes with it, but this is a wonderful way to enjoy the blandness of snow. I had forgotten about another thing we used to do with snow until your post jogged my memory and that was making snow ice cream! I wouldn't do it now for all the pollution in the air, but we so enjoyed the first snow this way! Especially getting to lick the spoon! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.