Saturday, 15 August 2026

A picking good day for it

Good evening.
How did your Saturday go? This is how mine went. This morning I did some sewing and made a strip of  bunting. Mayze wasn't much help on the craft table. 😺
At last the temperature dropped enough for me to do some litter picking. I watered the garden before I went so I wouldn't have to do it when I got back. 
People are still picnicking around the pond, at least they are dropping their rubbish next to this litter bin. I don't know why they can't take it home. We have all got bigger recycling wheelie bins now. Some litter pickers will sort out a mess like this. I am not going to go through it when some of it is already bagged up. The Council can do that.  
I think Cinderella has lost her slipper. Couldn't find the other one. 
This is my next grot spot to tackle. It's a wide pull in where drivers stop for a break. Have a drink and chuck the can out of the window. I will either have to do a limbo dance to get under the barrier, or climb over it. 

This is my haul for today. I picked alongside a busy road into town. Two red bags. I double bagged one of them, and put it inside a black bag because it had some smelly leaky gunge in it. A hood thingy from a pushchair or pram. A piece of glass from the side window of a car. 13 glass bottles. Dropped off at my usual spot, the litter bin at the far end of the pond. 

Thanks for popping in. I'll be back. 😎

Have a good Sunday. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

I might publish your comment, or I might not.