Sunday 13 June 2021

I see fields of green.

The foot is a lot better, swelling has gone down, and it doesn't hurt so much. I tried the boot on and it felt ok, I thought I would manage the five mile walk I usually do. It's been a gloriously hot afternoon. I didn't sit on the bench because a young man had beaten me to it. We chatted, he was from the North Bank and had come over the bridge for a walk. 
Here's a few field pics. This is not a footpath through the middle of the crop. 


The spuds are coming along nicely. 
The peas look a bit wilted, a good heavy shower is needed to lift their heads up. 
I made a video this morning and now I can't find it. Things get lost on my computer, usually because I have not been concentrating and done something on automatic pilot. It's a mystery. I thought I had transferred it onto the computer. I have checked it on the memory card while it is still in the camera, but now I can't find it. Oh bother, now I have to search for it, or do it all again.

I will go outside and water the pots and flower beds. Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

3 comments:

  1. When I saw your title I thought of that song Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong...although I know he sang trees of green...it is now buzzing around my head,lol.Ive not heard that for years.Anyway,Im pleased that your foot is starting to heal and you are able to get back to your walking.I have not left the house today apart from to go into the garden and water the plants and put plenty of water out for the cats.Its been far to hot for me and to think that years ago,I use to lay in the sun all day on the beach.I couldnt do that now.It would drive me mad,lol.Instead I went and sat out about 8 oclock with a coffee.It was far more comfortable then.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you've been able to get out for a walk. I've been walking down in Gloucestershire as I've been able to stay with my parents for the first time in a long time.

    Makes me laugh Ilona though because a few years ago, when I was visiting but not commenting, you visited my home town. Wotton under Edge. You weren't that taken with it. I agree it's not the most visitor friendly town but a great place to grow up. Big enough to be slightly anonymous and have some teenage misadventures but with scenery on my doorstep

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased your foot is better. I have had hayfever very bad the last few days so apart from feeding the birds and watering the garden I have not been out..
    Hazel c uk 🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.