Tuesday 15 June 2021

It's got to go.

I said I wasn't going to make any major changes in my garden, just keep things tidy I said, but yesterday I made a snap decision. I want to get rid of the garage. It's a wreck, it needs to be taken down before it falls down. 
So today I began emptying it. I did two trips to the tip. The summer house will be the shed for now. I can store a few items in there that I want to keep. I have got some very useful pieces of clean timber. 

Once it is empty, and I have moved everything around it out of the way, I will get someone to come and take it down. It has to be done professionally. 

So that's my next garden project. it will leave me with a heck of a big space. There won't be another garage, I don't need one and I don't want to spend that much money. I will decide what to do with it when the old garage has gone. I think a covered patio would be nice, with a roof and three sides. The open side would be facing out into the garden. 

That will keep me busy for a while.

Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

10 comments:

  1. Covered patio sounds like a great replacement for decrepit garage. I'm taking your word for that, it must be if it is in danger of falling down. I have a gorgeous sun shade fabric hanging from my house to a six foot tall fence, covering part of my patio. That is an inexpensive "roof". The fabric lets rain through so it is a sun screen and never fills with water. Enjoy your new possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garage should have been removed years ago. My neighbour had one similar, he got rid of it a long time ago. I think the new space will evolve with time. You never know, I might try a self build, ha ha.

      Delete
  2. Would you like to come and clear my garage out please Ilona,lol.I look in there sometimes and dont know where to start!.Plus there must be some spiders,who are now using it as a care home,that have lived in there since I moved in 43 years ago,lol...I do know what you mean though because the more covered space we have,the more stuff we hang on to...just in case we need it!.A patio area would be lovely and I bet that you would get plenty of use out of it.At least you have got time to think about it while you wait for the professionals to come in and take it down.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your idea of a covered patio sounds great. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing like a new project to lift the spirits. Thought I'd lost Brandnewtube the other day but it's back, not sure what went wrong.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something to occupy my mind, a diversion to all the relentless bullying, nagging, and nit picking going on. I watched Daniel's latest video last night, he's a lovely chap. Nasty person picking fault with him. Someone consumed with jealousy I thought.

      I've just checked BNT, picked up a video from outside a hospital in Dublin. Now I'm going outside for a walk. Grabbing a dose of vitamin D while the sun is still shining. Best wishes.

      Delete
  5. Sad about your summerhouse. It's so bright and cheerful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why are you sad, it's not going anywhere. It will stay where it is.

      Delete
  6. You are going to be busy, the covered patio sounds like a good idea.
    Be careful doing the cleaning out.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.