Thursday 24 June 2021

Passing through Thorpe Salvin.

It's getting a bit late so I'll just put these four pics on from Tuesday's walk. When I got off the canal towpath at Kiveton Park I did a u turn and took the road back towards the car. This took me through Thorpe Salvin, a pretty little village. The church is in the centre. It's got narrow streets and stone cottages. There are some big posh houses too. 
This is Thorpe Hall, an Elizabethan Manor House, built in 1570. Only the front remains standing. Here is some information if you want to know more. 

This is Coronation Garden. A small flower bed at a junction where two roads meet. A bench is there if you want to sit down.

There is a well stocked mini library in the old telephone box. All clean and tidy, someone must be looking after it. 

More ivy removal from the garage today, and a Billy dog walk. Thanks for popping in. Catch ya tomorrow. Toodle pip.   ilona
 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics, loved the canal tour.Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the library idea. I have got hundreds of books, even though I (sadly) had to get rid of several hundred when I moved. I suppose I should get rid of most of the remaining really as I never get round to reading them these days. I suppose it's the sentimental value really. They remind me of a time when I was a lot happier.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.