Saturday 1 June 2024

Walking group check in.

Good morning. It's the first of the month. How is your walking going? Are you keeping up or lagging behind. The target for the first five months of the year was 416 miles. I failed to reach that. 378 miles is not good at all. Weather too wet, too windy, and even too hot would you believe. During May I had trips out to other places, and the garden now needs regular attention. Trimming bushes, mowing lawns, and pulling up weeds. Never mind. Still time to catch up, 7 months left.
 
Here is a little chatty video. 
Let us know how you are doing with your exercise routine. Are you getting plenty, or none at all? Onward and upward, eh! Never give up. 
Thanks for popping in. Have a good weekend. Toodle pip. ilona

9 comments:

  1. Good morning Ilona and fellow walkers, I'm checking in with my mileage for the month of May which is 200km (124 miles) so my total for the five months is 818km (508 miles). I'm doing well so far and really enjoying walking every day. Bye for now from Phyllis, Brisbane Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Phyllis. You are doing very well. There is a spring in your step. It's a good habit to have.

      Delete
  2. My total for May is 137 and a total for the five months is 711. I did a couple of bike rides as well but obviously only count the walking miles. I think it’s been difficult because of the weather. I prefer overcast days for walking and am trying to make the most of the longer daylight hours. I can hardly believe it’s almost mid summer. How is your friend who had the dreaded injection doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello tbg. Flippin heck gal, you will wear yourself out. Only joking.
      My friend has recovered a little bit from her injury. Still needs sticks to support herself when she leave the house. Thank you for asking.

      Delete
  3. hi Ilona, ( Caz in Derby) nice to watch your video.You look well. Vince and I are doing the 10,000 steps a day. Maybe not every day , weather depending. Still as you always say do what you can. Happy belated birthday.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Caz. I've got to organize my days a bit better. Thank you for your birthday wishes.

      Delete
  4. Hello Ilona and fellow walkers,
    82 kilometers on my list for May. I have no special target for this year, every walked kilometer is great in every way!
    Cheers, Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jeanneke. As long as you keep putting one foot in front of the other. Well done on the 82. Thanks for checking in.

      Delete
  5. Hi. Cath in Ireland here. Well done everyone checking in. Like you Ilona I have let gardening and other things take up more of my time. Took my eye off my miles and had to do a big push the last week. 87miles this month 461 so far. Looking forward to a bit of good weather.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.