I took a few photo's as I was wandering around Kirton yesterday. I had a couple of hours to fill until the Exhibition closed and I could pick up my picture. First of all I called in the Charity Shop to say hello to the lady who runs it. I had met her twice before, once at a Craft Fair, and once in Lincoln town centre. I browsed the clothes rails in her shop and chose a very nice long sleeved top. Then I went back to my car to change into my walking boots.
I'm sure this building must have some history because it is on the playing field right next to the children's playground. I can't find anything about it. Looks like it is a private house now.
St Andrews Church. Locked today. I went to a Christmas Eve midnight mass here many years ago.
This house looks like no one has set foot in it for a long time. Even the path to the front door is overgrown with weeds.
Right next door is the Baptist Church. 1663 on the stone over the door.
I decided to go and take a look at the Railway Station. The last time I was there, many years ago, someone was living in it. I didn't take a photo this time. This is a photo I took in 2013. The front garden is now full of bushes and trees. You can't see much of the house now.
I was pondering which way to go next to make my way back to the town. A kindly young man asked if he could help as I studied the map. He showed me the way to a footpath which would cut a lot of road walking out. I set off across a field. As it came into Kirton it took me into a new housing estate. Some of it was finished and the houses were occupied, around the edge they were still building it. Can you see the Windmill hiding behind the trees.
I can't see any affordable homes here for first time buyers or young families. They are mainly detached and semi's.
Don't worry though, they are all being fitted with ugly heat pumps.
When I got home I made a lovely omelette. Underneath this lot is a slice of wholemeal seeded bread. I chopped up some spring onions, and added some pasta salad which needed eating up so chucked that in as well. A spoonful of beetroot chutney gave it a nice flavour.
I will just put a note in here because I am getting a bit concerned about the mental health of my troll. Their comments are becoming quite bizarre and don't make any sense. They seem to be going off the rails and heading for a breakdown. I suggest they get some help. Maybe speak to a counsellor.
Toodle pip. ilona
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are open.