Wednesday, 5 August 2026

A walk to the park with my stick

Numbers were quite low at Coffee Morning. I suppose some people are on holiday now. The Pilates group always come in at 11am after their session in the Village Hall. Only two of them today when there are usually eight or more. Despite a reduction in numbers the chatter was still very loud. 
I went a walk this afternoon to the park, taking my picking stick and a big carrier bag. I filled it once on the way there and emptied it into the big bin behind the cafeteria.   
And filled it again on the way back and emptied it in the bin at the Playing Field. I also filled the litter bin up at the bus stop as I was passing. These grass verges haven't been done for a long time so I was finding lots of squashed and mangled drinks cans from when the mower machine had gone over them. 

The wind made the job a whole lot more difficult. I probably should have used the trolley but I didn't think I would find enough litter to fill a red bag. A delivery of new red bags has arrived in the volunteer pod. Thank you Candace for that. 

That's all for now. Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. Are you having any relief from the heat? It’s been rough on your side of the pond. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Australia you collect empty cans and get money for them they can’t have that system where you live which is a pity reclyling is good

    ReplyDelete

I might publish your comment, or I might not.