Tuesday, 4 August 2026

Dead end road

Litter picking is easy when you know where to look. This is one of my regular spots. A short piece of dead end road to nowhere. Youngsters come here at night, sit on that concrete beam, swig their beer, and drop their cans behind it. I come along with my stick and pull them out. It's quiet, no traffic, just a few pedestrians, cyclists and scooters. 
One very full bag, one carrier bag of glass bottles, a nearly new wheel trim and half a broken one. And an empty plastic container that used to have ad blue in it. All left at my usual litter bin awaiting collection. I am pleased to say that all my previous bags have been collected. 

I did a Billy dog walk tonight. It's difficult to get him to pose for the camera. I bribed him with a treat for this one. 
Then he had a pee. 

It's been windy and muggy hot today. This weather is baffling me. The heat is wearing me out. We desperately need some rain. 

A nice surprise on the garden tonight. I counted seven hedgehogs. I saw two babies eating together from the same pile of food. I think word has got around and they are bringing their mates. 

Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.  ilona

2 comments:

  1. Billy dog is so handsome :-) Just the breed of dog I'd love to adopt, but unfortunately my poor health means it wouldn't be fair in the long term.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't take on a dog myself, borrowing Billy works well for me, and him. He is about ten years old, but still full of energy.

      Delete

I might publish your comment, or I might not.