Sunday, 23 August 2026

Location is everything.

Imagine seeing this as you step out of your front door. This is the view from a friends house, she lives in a small village. Isn't that just fabulous. The view out the back is even better. The house is high up overlooking fields full of cows, beyond is the river, and over yonder is Yorkshire. Imagine sitting out on the decking sipping a glass of wine, or beer. They bought the house for the views. For me the views are far more important than a box on a new build estate. I would rather live in a shed in a field. 
Yesterday morning saw me tidying up on the Industrial Estate for a couple of hours. 
Now, Sunday morning, and it is sunny. A new day and lots to do.

Enjoy your Sunday. Toodle pip.   ilona

3 comments:

  1. One for your photos on the left, has the caption "Publicity shots in France with Sir Alistair Morton on the Eurostar". whats the story behind that? Were you the first lorry on the train? Norma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photo's were taken before the Channel Tunnel was built. They wanted a real lady trucker for the publicity shots, so they contacted me because I was getting a lot of publicity in the magazines at the time. I had to go across the Channel to France on a ferry, do the shots, and come back. It was a job, they covered my expenses and paid me for my time. I have never been under the tunnel.

      Delete
  2. I too would rather live in a shed with that view. I hate boxy little new builds. Give me a tiny cottage with enough garden to grow some veggies and I'd be content

    ReplyDelete

I might publish your comment, or I might not.