A quick decision had to be made this morning. I've had Doddington Hall marked on the calendar for some time. After all the rain we had overnight, what is the weather going to do today. I watched, it's cloudy with a faint trickle of sun trying to breakthrough. Shall I risk it. I had a cooked breakfast, and thought, yeah let's do it. I got to Doddington Hall just after 1pm. The Sculpture exhibition is on until September the 6th, so not much time left. Enter through the main gate, entry price for house and grounds is £13 50. These are the first exhibits you see in front of the house.
I seem to be drawn towards metal work at the moment. Some intricate designs and patterns can be achieved if you have the right tools. I wish I had made a note of the exhibit numbers and the artists names, so I could put a price on them. Wait a minute, I've just found a page on the Doddington Hall web site, Meet the artists. This piece is called Man of Elm and Flower, by David Cutler. It will set you back by £7,950. A combination of elm, and steel.
Side view.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I am not accepting comments at the moment.
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.