Tuesday 17 April 2012

Quick hello

Just a quickie before I depart the Youth Hostel, yes I made it here last night. Boy was it a hard slog. That's the two longest days behind me now, from now on it should be plain sailing, or walking, ha ha. My feet are holding out pretty well, a bit of muscle ache in the upper legs, but apart from that everything is fine. I have filled my belly with a big hostel breakfast, so that should see me through the rest of the day, and for £17 a night, it ain't bad value at all. I'm hoping for a nice B & B at Pocklington tonight.

The hostel is full of foreign students, I shared a room with two young American girls, I am up and about and they are still in bed, lazy beggers, ha ha. These young 'uns can't hack it. Mind you last night I was almost dead on my feet, but the other alternative of sleeping under a hedge bottom was not really an option, so I had to push it along the river bank to York.

I hope to catch up with you later, Toodle pip.

11 comments:

  1. Have a good day Ilona, you are doing marvelously well, I'm so impressed with the challenges you set yourself and the adventures you have.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you're going to be in for a flattish day today. It's a pity the crops aren't out as the fields around York are particularly pretty in June with the poppies in the field. I love the York Selby path, without looking at my map I'm not sure if you'll go that way, probably not.

    Isn't York hostel lovely? Was the family home of the chocolate factory. I stayed in the modern end, but they certainly gave you plenty of breakfast to set you up for the day.

    Doin' well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy York. If you happen to be going down Micklegate there is a shop down there that sell bags and handmade bits and bobs from local crafts people. The bags and craft items are just like the things you make - it might inspire you! Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't you do well?
    I like York, love the architecture and history of it.
    Have a good day!

    Hope you find a comfy, reasonably priced B&B tonight.
    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for showing me so much beauty. I needed something positive like this today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you. I would hate the idea of staying in a hotel room with strangers so you are brave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness take care Ilona . it looks very isolated. Glad the hard slog is past. Enjoy the rest of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there I think your blog is great, every day I can't wait to read how your getting on. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Golly, you have done well, sofar! Good luck for the rest of the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are reading your daily adventures with great interest and admiration - hopefully in 10 yrs time we will be fit enough to carry out the same walking regime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Ilona, I just found your blog. I have read your profile and this post. I must say I wish we were neighbors, you sound like a lovely human. I am also retired, 66 years young and enjoying every day the good Lord gives me. I am amazed at your long trek through meadows, and pastures, through villages and over creeks. The distance you travel is fantastic. I'm sure your doctor is delighted and probably does not have a healthier patient among his client list of retirees, at least none with as strong a heart. I am so proud of you. So, I hope you don't mind if I follow your remarkable journey through retirement. Your newest follower, Connie :) Please accept my invitation to visit and hopefully follow my blog as well . . . It is not as adventurous as yours, but I do have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.