Thursday 27 September 2018

Let's get this carnival on the road.

I took the first lot of pictures inside the Art Centre, and went back the next day for the parade around the town centre. At 2pm the dancers started to gather outside the door.


Bringing up the rear were the children who had made their own costumes at the workshop in the morning. 
A large crowd had gathered in the precinct to greet them and join in the fun. People were bopping away to the music.




This gigantic costume is perched on a frame with wheels so it can be moved around quite easily.



A lot of fun in the town centre on a Saturday afternoon.  ilona

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous photographs. A carnival I think always brings people together in a happy mood and we could all do with that with what is going on in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the same as JustJill but I see she's beaten me to it :-)
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are astounding! It looks as though a walker is the frame and wheels for the costume. That's a good idea I will remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So colourful. Must have been really exciting to watch and I am sure it was hard not to bop along with the music. Audrey from New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.