Friday 14 September 2018

Scotland Day 3

Our first day of exploring, Ian and Chris took me out for a drive, stopping off at different scenic places. Nice weather, sunny and slightly breezy. Perfect. They live a mile from the sea, quite high up so there is a lovely view of the Brough of Birsay from their big picture window.

Fabulous coastline.




Looking across to Rousay.



Ian and Christine stroll along the jetty at Tingwall.


This little house is just amazing. The door is open so I took a look inside.

Oh WOW, I am gobsmacked. I want to live here.





Blogger Sian has also written about this on her blog.

Outside on the wall, a stone hanging on a string.

The little ferry is coming in from a neighbouring island.


It was a lovely day out, the weather was sunny and dry. Back home to the house and a lovely dinner. ilona

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. I am loving it.
    "Betty's Reading Room" ... you may very well have just found Heaven on Earth. I hope there's enough room for me to live there as well. And what a lovely tribute to a friend.

    Cindy in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous views. Love the reading room. Glad you had a good time, Ilona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of all the places in the world I have traveled over the years,and Ive been to many far and wide,this must be one of the most beautiful!.And that little house!!,Amazing!!.I went on to Sians blog to read more about it and I know what you mean Ilona....I want to live there too!!Betty must have been a lovely person for the locals to do that.I love the weather forecast as well,lol.It shows just what can be done when nice,like minded people live in a place.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up with days 2 & 3. Fantastic photos, loving the scenery you've passed already and Orkney looks so pretty. Bettys reading room looks colourful,comfy and inviting. That weather stone is so funny but true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi ilona love the photos absolutely beautiful. the patchwork throw is something else. glad you are having a lovely time you deserve it. my two gorgeous cats amy and benny are relaxing today i adore them both and my neighbours cliff and sian have gone on holiday. their two cats come over here for a snack and kisses. their neighbour is caring for them and has taken in their elderly dog too. enjoy your break. love to you mayze and heidi,xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty's house is like heaven on earth.

    If only everywhere was as peaceful as this.

    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Orkney and Shetland when I visited a few years ago, you can still buy a little place quite cheap but I don't think it is cheap to live there. Fabulous weather if you like it. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos Ilona. It sounds as through your friends have made you really welcome. Betty’s reading room is gorgeous and yes I could happily live there.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.