Sunday 26 July 2020

Eat, drink, and crafting.

Hello, on this sunny Sunday afternoon. They said it was going to rain over the weekend, thunderstorms I think, but as yet, no sign of them. I have made another bowl from rope and wool, the last of the rope picked up from the beach at Orkney. That's the end of that, all used up, no more left. I started it last week at Crafty Club because someone wanted to know how to make them. I wonder if she will bring one tomorrow that she has finished, we'll see. This one is a bit deeper, I carried on going round and round until I had no more rope left.  

This is the full set, up to date. I may make some more if I come across some suitable rope. 

Someone likes to see what meals I make. This is what I had for lunch yesterday. Two largish brown mushrooms in the pan with a drop of oil, crack an egg over it when mushrooms have cooked. Put it on top of a microwaved spud, a bit of grated cheese, serve with rocket and mayo. Finish off the beer from the day before. Very nice it was. 
Dinner last night was steamed veg, oh how I love my steamed veg. Drizzled with Toasted Sesame Seed Oil. I made extra so that's what I will be eating tonight as well. 

Playing around with fabric this morning, making flowers, getting instructions from yoootooob vids. Not sure what I'm going to do with them, just wanted to try them out. Could be brooches, could be embellishments for bags or whatever. 

It's 3pm, think I'll squeeze a two hour walk in while the sun shines. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.  ilona

8 comments:

  1. Ilona, I wish we were neighbors! I know we would hit it off famously! :-) I love those rope bowls. Perhaps I'll have to do a search on "yooootoooob" (*haha*) to find a how-to video. Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive often thought the same as the Feminine Energys comment above.I wish we were neighbors,because it would be lovely to live near some like minded people.I also love your food pictures,because it give me ideas.Those flowers are lovely and would look great on one of my shopping bags.One of my summer dresses,that I bought second hand of course,lol,about 10 years ago...gave up and starting ripping over the weekend.The material had gone really thin.So I am going to cut it up and see if I can make those flowers to stitch on my shopping bags.Its a rainy day here in Leicester,so it will give me a project for the day!.Best wishes from Still Lockdown Leicester,xx

      Delete
  2. I love the rope bowls, your creativity is inspiring. Also, thank you very much for sharing your meal ideas. They help me to see how I can include more veggies in my meals - which is a very good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just make veggies the main part of the meal, maybe add something else, maybe not.

      Delete
  3. You are like me Ilona It I see something I like crafty I always want to have a go. Your bowls are so nice and would sell easily if you had a cats stall at your fairs. We had a lot of rain over the weekend but I did not hear any thunder.
    Hope you had a good walk and your meals looked delicious, my D and GD came today and they brought me a lovely roast dinner round which was a nice change for I do cook for myself but it's usually salad in summer time.
    Hazel c uk 🌈🌈🌈
    Hazel c uk 🌈🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore steamed veggies! My husband call me "litlle goat", because i like to take nibbles of greens (straight from the nature), even when we going to walk around our city lake! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those bowls look like fantastical sea creatures!!!
    Rebecca-New-Here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's an idea. They don't have to be round, and more wool and colours could be added to them.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.