Sunday, 16 August 2026

Fell off the back of a lorry.

Good evening. I knocked this video up yesterday but for some reason it wouldn't upload fully onto yoootooob. So I tried again today, and this time it worked. An update on the TV licensing situation. 
This afternoon I did a local walk, and took my stick and a bag with me. As I passed the playing field someone called my name. I used to work with Carol many years go. She moved out of the area so we lost touch. It was good to have a natter and catch up on the news. She has had one hip replaced and is now waiting for the other to be done, which is expected to take place in October. 
The big white bag on the right has been languishing in a hedge bottom for about three weeks now. I have driven past it several times, and so must have hundreds of other people as they go to and from work, or go shopping. I don't think anyone has stopped to take a look at it. Today I walked to it, and dragged the bag back to a bus shelter which has a bin next to it. 
Here is a closer look at it. It is mainly full of  big sheets of some kind of fabric which looks like felt. There are also what looks like three pillows. 

I see from the label that it is used for containing and mopping up some kind of spillage. It must have fallen off the back of a van or a lorry. 

I offloaded some of my litter into the bin, and took the rest of it into the park to empty my bag into the big wheelie bin behind the cafe. Then I went home. 

The first two hedgehogs arrived tonight at 8.30pm. They are getting quite fat now. They aren't eating as much as when they first started coming. Last night a couple of them had fallen asleep while they were eating. 

It has tried to rain a bit today, but it was only a few spots. 

That's all for now. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

I might publish your comment, or I might not.