I've just knocked this bag up for Sue, copying the cat shape on her teeshirt that she bought yesterday. I'm not entirely happy with it, a bit of an experiment really, but I'm sure she won't mind that it's not perfect.
I used an old sweatshirt that was given to me, it's dark green though the picture doesn't show the true colour. Because it looked a bit worn on the outside I turned it inside out, so the fabric has more of a wooly look than a smooth finish.
I was going to machine stitch the cat on, but decided to hand stitch because it needed to be hemmed so the edges wouldn't fray. I need a bit more practice at sewing around corners with the machine. In fact I might revert to the hand machine if I need to do any precise neat sewing. A bit of bad measuring as well, the stitching across the top goes right over the cat's head, I should have cut the excess off before turning it under. The bag itself is not big enough either, the sweat shirt had a logo embroidered on it which went right through to both sides, so I had to avoid that, limiting the size. It is 13" x 18.5", ok for a small shopping bag.
Oh well, you learn all the time, I can't always get things right. I need to get the Dyson out now, as this bag comes with real cat hairs ha ha, my goodness, it's about time I cleaned up.
DIY: Halloween Crafts, Dracula!
2 hours ago