It's been a rainy old day here so I've got on with some sewing. Remember this, sewing crisscrosses onto a piece of denim using a wire mesh tray as a grid. I used plain red wool.
Now the bag is finished. It measures 16 inches across at the widest point, and 16.5 inches top to bottom. It has a red cotton lining with a pocket. I made the two halves separately then sewed them together from the outside. The denim bag I made before I stitched together by hand with red cotton, but this one I have machined all the seams for quickness.
I always forget to add my name until the item is finished, then I have to sew it on without leaving any stitches showing on the inside. One day I'll remember to do it during the sewing together stage.
Thank you for your suggestions of what to do with the old spoons, I will try sanding them and see what happens. Still not sure if I want to use the silicone one though. Perhaps I can make something crafty with it, ha ha.
I reckon it's time for dinner, I am fancying pasta tonight. I've got a few of the cheap mushrooms left, so I'll make a garlic sauce with some cream cheese. Yummmmmmmm.