Saturday 27 May 2017

Saturday summary

Hello. We've had a couple of downpours today, not as much as those down south though. I was outside painting the garage doors, and had to hurriedly retreat indoors as the heavens opened. The job might get finished in a few days, I have a short attention span so I am doing it a bit at a time. Pity I haven't got enough of the same colour paint to do the whole lot, never mind, no one else will have doors like mine. 
The car was loaded up this morning, cat litter is flippin heavy, my poor springs. The Focus Estate is a good workhorse. A local cat litter factory has a clear out every so often and offers the cat rescues round here the old stock which they can't sell for one reason or another. Some of it is contaminated, a mixture of two or more different varieties, this happens when the packing machines change over from one to the other. Some of it is old stock which the customer no longer requires. Before they dump it in landfill they tell us to come and collect what we want. The men this morning were very helpful, getting it out with the forklift truck and helping us load it into the cars. It's good of them to offer it to the rescues first before it gets chucked, saves us a lot of money. 
I went to town this afternoon, needed to stock up on nuts and seeds for my breakfast cereals. Aldi for the nuts, Holland and Barrett for the seeds. While I was there I had a look at the new exhibition in the Arts Centre. Some amazing Lego models, I'll post some pictures soon.

I have decided to get rid of my motorcycle gear, I'm never going to ride a bike again so not much point in hanging on to them. I have a leather jacket and trousers, boots, helmet, and full waterproof suit. There's a couple of bike shops and a training centre on the way to town that might be able to make use of them, but they were closed today so I'll have to go back another time.

I am beginning to feel a bit out of touch with the pop world, it's all moved on since I was a teenager screaming at the Beatles. There is a big outdoor Radio1 pop concert on over the border in Yorkshire this weekend, and I've never heard of any of the performers. I hadn't heard of Ariana until this week. I have no idea who these up and coming young stars are.

Soon the pop festivals start, and I have to admit I have never been to one. The only festival I have been to is a truck festival. I can't see the point in being trapped in a crowd peering at some dots leaping about on a stage. You can look at the big screen but you might as well watch it at home in the comfort of your arm chair. Nope, I don't fancy that at all. Years ago I did see The Rolling Stones at Stafford, I was lucky enough to be at the front, and The Kinks and The Honeycombs at our local  dance hall, quite a small venue. Years later I saw Meatloaf at the NEC and Cher at Sheffield. That's about it, never been to a pop festival.

The sky looks very angry, looks like another storm is brewing. The cats are in and I am going to watch something on yooootoooob, so I'll sign off. Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

12 comments:

  1. I love The Rolling Stones.Lucky you Ilona.A few years ago I was just getting my dogs out of the back of the car in a quiet Dorset village and a really friendly man looked in at my dogs and smiled and said ''lovely day''and bounced past full of joy eating a chocolate muffin.I then thought I know him,that's Keith Richards,well I think it was x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you ,getting all that cat litter!,I think i mentioned before,i shred newspaper,free from my neighbour,then top it up with Value Catlitter......but one of my cats,thinks it her own personal loo,cause as soon as i clean it....she has to go...lol,in it.I counted 3 times in 10 mins today...I also find Ali nuts are the cheapest....although still expensive...but Hubby likes them along with his meat that i am still having to cook.He will never be veggy...to be honest,i have cheated in the last few days n had bacon,sausage,mushrooms n beans....Although,i ate it'''i thought ..What am i doing!!..Still.i will start being veggy again tomorrow.I was gutted with myself an hour after i had eaten it.Debi,Leic,x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant Aldi nuts,lol,Debi,Leic,x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good of the firm to give you the cat litter much better than putting straight into landfill. You are not on your own Ilona I don't know the names of the singers of today. We use to go and see Ted Heath, Johnny Dankwirth and other big bands plus Country and western bands/singers but my favourites were Cliff Richard, the Everly brothers, Guy Mitchell and Dickie Valentine I am showing my age now, at least we did not have to worry about drugs in those days..
    Have you tried Poundland/Poundworld for nuts.
    Enjoy whatever you are doing today I am going to be busy cutting out fabric for another Project Linus quilt and hopefully sewing it up.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I have looked at nuts in Poundland. They seem quite reasonable, but not sure if the packets are smaller than in other shops.

      Delete
  5. Lovely of the cat litter company to give it's clear out to the cat rescues, and very handy you have a nice large boot to carry it away. That must have been a heavy load.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was heavy. I drove back in second gear avoiding the potholes. Good job it's a country lane, only a moped wanted to overtake me.

      Delete
  6. That is a brilliant about the cat litter, and well done you and others for going to fetch it - what a terrible waste for it to be thrown away. Even in my youth I was not bothered about going to live pop concerts but, the one I did attend was the original 'Live Aid' in 1985 or 1986 (can't remember now) and apart from the charity side aspect, we saw just about everyone who was 'big' in those days. It was a wonderful experience but I certainly don't know the young bands now and wouldn't wish to go to a live stand-up concert. Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!,Well,i am going to a Festival next week,There are groups on,stalls along the river,picnic areas that we be useing,lol,Its all free,but if you want to going on boatrides along the the canal...or the cut...as we call it here,there is a small charge.Its on every year,a great day out,there are 4 generations of our Family going!,Its just a great,Free Family day out.Riverside Festival,Leicester.Hope you dont mind me posting this....but for anyone in the area,it really is great frugal day out!,Hope that you have a great Bank Holiday Monday!,Debi,Leicx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a good time, sounds great.

      Delete
  8. There is a free music festival in Epworth on June 24th - it's mainly acoustic music ("Medieval to modern" ) and most of the performers are your age or older! It's a good day out anyway and not far from you.

    https://www.epworthmusicday.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info. That would have been just the ticket, if it wasn't for the fact it is on the same day as our Village Fair :o(

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.