Here it is, finally finished. Hadn't thought of a name, but I think Sunflowers will do the job. I decided on a wall hanging rather than put it in a frame. I quite like the look of the loops with a bar through them.
I was going to put a sun in the top right hand side, and a tree on the left with the branches reaching out across the centre but decided against that because it would cover too much of the background. I have some yellow cord found at the Scrapstore, matching perfectly the yellow fabric. Playing around with it, do I make a sort of tree, or something else.
Finally stitched on. The flowers are Suffolk Puffs. The stalks are couched on.
I put a dark blue backing on it. A piece of fabric bigger than the picture and folded around the front to make a border, and machined down to enclose the raw edges of the picture. At that point I put some random stitches through from the front to the back, hidden in the original embroidery, to hold the two pieces flat and stop them separating. Then I put a second back on it to cover up the extra stitching.
Here is a video with a bit more information.
I am pleased with it. Now making a start on something else, my head is bursting with ideas.
Small computer has gone to the hospital. I'm hoping Keith my computer man can wipe it clean and install Windows 10. Keeping my fingers crossed that he can sort it out.
Heidi kittycat is making good progress, she has more energy, goes outside more now, it looks like her poorly tummy is better.
Thanks for popping in. Bye for now. Toodle pip. ilona