Wednesday 28 October 2020

Bulging out all over

(Can't get the left align to work here. Annoying) 
My wardrobe is beginning to fill up. After recent donations from friends, I have to lose a few items which I haven't worn for ages, and those which no longer fit me. Starting with the trousers, I tried on 13 pairs. These shorts were given to me several years ago. I'm pleased to say, they still fit so they will stay. 
Ooooh errrrr. I have had a lot of wear out of these trousers, they were my favourites for a long time. Smart, lightweight, look nice with a dressy top. Off to the charity shop then. 

Oh gawd, dark brown cords. Same problem, they don't contain my belly. Got to go. 
That's better. I love these pinstripe flares. Stretchy and snug fitting. Definitely a keeper.
A bit touch and go with these. Yes I can do them up, they are warm and lined, but I can't sit down in them. Maybe I'm not a size 12 any more. Off to the charity shop. 

Ha ha ha ha ha. Side fastening. Oh lordy me. Never ever going to wear these again. 
Phew, thank goodness these golfing trousers still fit me. A bit loose around the waist actually, I need a belt. No, I don't play golf, I bought them for walking. I normally don't like cut offs, but the jazzy colour attracted me. 
I bagged up some other items as well. Not much point in keeping clothes that I am never going to wear again. It's good to have a clear out.
Thanks for popping in. Catch ya later. Toodle pip   ilona

15 comments:

  1. I laughed when I saw this because it reminded me of myself. Winter is good for cleaning out extra "stuff", drawers, closets, etc. I need to get started. Have a wonderful day, Ilona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pinstripe flares style really suits your frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think I'm thinner than I am, but waistband don't lie 😂😂😂😂lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, sending unwanted ( not a good fit etc) clothes to the Charity shop feels wonderful. Good for you - less stuff in your wardrobe- and great for the Charities - more money!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those golfing pants are awesome. You have inspired me to do some work in my closet. I need to have a come to Jesus meeting about what is realistic. I love how matter of fact you are. I am way too wish washy and “what if”.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *sigh* that actually is my project for tomorrow... I will not do pictures though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol,this has been my problem over the years.That is why I still have clothes from 50 years ago!.Some times they fit me and sometimes they dont.At the minute,I can get into all my stuff,but all it needs is to gain a stone and I have got no chance!.I have a pile of stuff in my spare room waiting to go to the charity shop,but until it is open to take donations,it will have to stay there.Those pin stripe flares look great on you.I used to have the same ones but in brown pin stripe.I wore them so much that they went threadbare on the bum and sadly had to be cut up for rags.Its a very wet and rainy day here in Leicester so Im going to get my sewing out and patch a well loved,well worn cardigan that has a huge hole on the elbow.It has buttons missing as well so while I am in the mood,I will get my button jar out and replace them.My grandaughters find it amusing that I have a button jar!,xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to go through my wardrobe too, and several boxes of stuff in the shed. After five years I can safely say I will never wear any of those shed things again, I've never even looked in the boxes since I packed them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was going to say something about testing out items from your underwear drawer but you might think I am a dirty old man so I will not say anything about your underwear. Not a sausage. I need to go through my wardrobe - into Narnia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Links for a dirty old man :o)

      I already did that, two years ago.
      https://meanqueen-lifeaftermoney.blogspot.com/2018/10/a-very-good-money-saving-idea.html

      And if you prefer sexy black, nine years ago.
      https://meanqueen-lifeaftermoney.blogspot.com/2011/09/just-pants-o.html

      Delete
    2. Gulp! I have gone hot all over. I see that the orange knickers were "shatterproof".

      Delete
  10. Gosh those golfing trousers came as a colourful shock after all the dark trousers, but they are wonderful and so YOU :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw them on a rail in Sports Direct and made a beeline for them. Reduced label, had to have them. Should have rolled my red socks down for a better picture.

      Delete
  11. Is that a rag rug I spy, did you make it? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I made two rag rugs. They were shown in the gallery video.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.