Friday 30 October 2020

Caught out in the dark

I fancied doing some knitting this morning. I don't want to make anything big so I thought I would start off with something simple. Flags for bunting. I looked at a couple of videos, and decided to do my own thing. Start with 20 stitches, and decrease to make a triangle. This is not quite right, so I will undo it and start again. 
Finally the rain stopped at lunch time, so I went a walk. After faffing about I didn't get off until about 3pm. When I was half way round I realised I would have to walk a bit quicker or I might get caught out in the dark. No time to sit on the bench today. I ate my scone as I was walking along. 

It was heading towards 5pm when I was on the last stretch. The sun is fading fast, and it was getting dark. I was pleased to see the street lights as I approached the village. I must start out earlier next time. 
                 
A reminder that we are near the end of the month, and it will be check in time on Sunday the 1st of November for the International Walking Group members. Last chance tomorrow to get one last walk in. 
Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Have a good weekend. 
Toodle pip.  ilona

5 comments:

  1. Pretty sunset. You have a nice weekend too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's very windy at the moment. I will carry on with my knitting.

      Delete
  2. It gets dark really early now. Such a sudden change. Love the sunset picture. Hope you have a great weekend Ilona. Thank you for your words of comfort to me recently. It helped a lot. Sending you a hug x

    ReplyDelete
  3. May i suggest, for your knitted bunting, starting at the point and working wider until you get the size you want. And maybe increasing at the beginning or end of each row instead of at both ends of every row.

    Carolx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.