Saturday 7 November 2020

A foggy walk

 I was undecided whether to go for a walk or not, It's been foggy here for three days, but becoming a bit brighter in the afternoons. I ate a filling lunch, then thought I need to go out, whatever the weather. At least it wasn't raining. 

I did my usual walk out of the village, along the edges of fields, and past the bench. Not a whisper of wind, all was calm, in the distance the sound of farm machinery. I didn't take any photo's until I was on my way back, and saw the huge sun about to go down in the distance. A sunset would normally be my last photograph, but at 4pm it wasn't yet dark. I zoomed in on the sinking sun.  

The fog was still hanging about.

It was damp, the air had a clammy feeling about it. 

No teenagers hanging about in the corner of the park.

No children in the playground. 

It was quite eerie. A car came past and was swallowed up by the fog. The street lights were starting to come on.  

I am always happy when I come back from a walk, feeling weary, and sitting down with a hot drink. Now I'm going to relax. If you click on a picture a slide show will open up. 
Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon.   Toodle pip.   ilona

10 comments:

  1. Good evening Ilona. Your photos are very atmospheric! Fog always reminds me of books I've read. A Christmas Carol. The Tailor of Gloucester and The Signalman. They all mention fog. Mother Nature always inspires. Your supper looks very tasty as always👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed seeing such great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fabulous sunset photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fog makes everything mysterious.
    We've been lucky in Mid Suffolk as it's been sunny enough to keep the fog away each day although this morning there is more fog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sharing your walks and the sunset photo is beautiful.The last photo made me think of when I used to walk to school when I was a kid and the crunch of the leaves under your feet.Then coming home in the afternoon and trying to get warm in front of the coal fire.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very atmospheric photos, I always getting that funny feeling in my tummy when I walk anywhere in the half-light with fog all around me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures Ilona. I love the fog, used to call it fairy clouds when I was young. Really enjoy walking in it but mot driving.
    Have a good day All the best xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautful sunset. I love fog for walking in, the heavier the better for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos ! I like foggy weather. It's misterious !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. The problem is that it makes me fogetful and then I can't find the brume.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.